3000 rpm

james0808

Reaction score
My A4 130 tdi accelerates well between 2000 and 3000rpm then goes flat,is this normal or is there something wrong?im new to diesels.

[ QUOTE ]
My A4 130 tdi accelerates well between 2000 and 3000rpm then goes flat,is this normal or is there something wrong?im new to diesels.

[/ QUOTE ]

That rev range is the magic window unfortunately........ pulls well in this range then dies somewhat. If you are uised to a petrol engine you will find this very different.

It should still be pulling after 3000 RPM though, albeit not as much. If not pulling there could be a problem.

yes im used to petrol.it still pulls past 3000 but thers is a considerable drop,will a remap sort this or will it still drop away when i reach 3000rpm?

it was the maf,i went to chipped-uk in bromsgrove today for a remap and the maf was faulty,all i can say now is that it goes like a train,esp light doing its nut evry time i floor it and it pulls right into the red line,if anyone is thinking of a remap get your maf checked firstand contact chipped-uk,you wont believe how cheap they are too.they advertise on ukmk-iv site

http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/thread/521849.aspx

ive got a friend who works at vw so got it cheap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif,german,sweedish and french do them for £65+vat.they are easy to fit you just undo the pipe from the airbox to the turbo,unclip the multi plug off the maf and undo the two screws and pull it out the airbox.5 minute job.

Hi, glad its fixed, what was the cost of the remap, did they do it via the OBD port?

what age and mileage have you got, any clutch worries??
did you try the car with the working MAF but before the remap?
could be worth a write up in the tuning section?

chas

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, glad its fixed, what was the cost of the remap, did they do it via the OBD port?

what age and mileage have you got, any clutch worries??
did you try the car with the working MAF but before the remap?
could be worth a write up in the tuning section?

chas

[/ QUOTE ]
the remap was £225 with two runs on the rollers.2001,75K and no slipping of the clutch.only found out the maf was faulty at the tuning centre so didnt drive it with 130 bhp,on the first run it was only showing 105bhp,remapped it was showing 147bhp and that was really noticeable,then put the new maf on and it was amazing,i cant stop smiling when i drive it now.