Upgrading to B6 (hopefully)

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
I'm viewing a 52-plate 2.4SE Multitronic tomorrow as a likely replacement for my much-loved (if rather noisy) B5 2.8Q.

It's a Jan 03 one-private owner on 54K miles,with FASH. It's in Akoya Silver with anthracite leather. Doesn't have cruise, but I'd get them to put it in for me before collection.

The ICE is Concert 2 only, but instead of adding a CD changer, I might get an Audi iPod link put in later. That's not as crucial as it might once have been though, as I mostly listen just to the radio in the car nowadays.

I know it's not what you might call a hot option, but I don't exactly tear up the roads these days. I like a decent slug of horsepower, but it's just as important that it's smooth with lots of refinement & comfort on a long cruise.

So, if the 2.4SE lives up to billing on test-drive & I get a decent offer for mine, I'll go for it.

Wish me luck, folks.

Yes and no. It's been great to know I could just plant my foot at any time, & not worry about the conditions, but like everything else in this world, it comes at a price. In this case, the price was extra weight & friction (so heavier fuel consumption) plus extra noise & vibration, the latter particularly when accelerating on tight lock.

Whilst I've loved having the Quattro, living in the real world, I have to admit that the occasions where the benefits come into play are outnumbered by the downsides.

I think what I'm trying to say is I bought the Quattro with my heart, I've bought the 2.4SE with my head.

Best of luck with the car Jeff, looks nice. Almost the same as mine apart from the exhaust. I recently changed the wheels to 18" RS6 Reps and am so far really pleased with them.

I installed the Dension ICE>Link too so let me know if you are doing the same and I'll send you some pics of where I mounted it.

Looks very nice Jeff, you must be looking forward to picking it up!

What did you get for your car? Did the p/x it or private sale?

Kev.

Rats!

Fontain have just emailed to say the car won't be ready on Saturday. The parts for the cruise control are on back-order, and the earliest they can have it ready is likely to be a week today.

A WEEK?!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif