Bigger Brakes

james0808

Reaction score
hi all,im new to the audi scene(from vw)and i need some bigger brakes for my A4 tdi 130.Any suggestions on what is a decent upgrade,will brakes from a R32 fit the A4?

I know this mught not help much but I was after this answer some time ago.

I know that the 225 TT has bigger brakes but uses the same callipers, you should be able to fit the bigger discs if you use calliper spacers.

If you do get a definitive answer to this using OEM parts i'd be interested to know.

The R32 discs and TT discs have the wrong PCD it's 5*100. The A4 is 5*112. The calipers may fit, though I've not heard it being done before.

The B5 S4 front calipers and discs are supposed to fit - plenty of guys on audiworld.com have fitted them. They are heavy though and therefore don't help handling (unsprung weight). The B6 S4 front discs and calipers also fit and are lighter than the B5 ones. Finding a second hand set might be tricky though.

Have recently replaced front rotors with same size Brembo discs and fitted Pagid Blues in the standard calipers. Braking is much improved with more precise modulation from speed. I also replaced the pads in the rear with uprated versions halfway toward the race spec ones up front.

Might be a simpler and cheaper option than what you are looking at?

ive tried the R32 calipers and they dont fit.is there any bigger brakes than 288 on the A4 range,i might try some breakers.

hi

ive heard you can fit a6 brakes which are 312 or somthing around there, you need the new disks and the caliper carriers of the tt...

Not sure on specifics, but audi world had someinfo on this... this would be fairly cheap, awesome-gti do the calliper carriers for the tt new....

will try and find out more....

nice one,thats what i was after. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
The R32 discs and TT discs have the wrong PCD it's 5*100. The A4 is 5*112. The calipers may fit, though I've not heard it being done before.

The B5 S4 front calipers and discs are supposed to fit - plenty of guys on audiworld.com have fitted them. They are heavy though and therefore don't help handling (unsprung weight). The B6 S4 front discs and calipers also fit and are lighter than the B5 ones. Finding a second hand set might be tricky though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Any ideas on how much i should expect to pay for a decent set /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I mean the B5 S4 front brakes,i guess ive got more chance of finding a set of those.

i have an s4 and i will be upgrading brakes shortly, if your interested in my old ones let mr know regards tony /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
i have an s4 and i will be upgrading brakes shortly, if your interested in my old ones let mr know regards tony /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
pm sent.