S4 seats/interior

kenny_boon

Reaction score
hi all, just saw these while aimlessly looking thru the net.

how hard are S4 interiors to come by in the uk? what kind of cost would they be?

many thanks

clicky

Blimey crikey that's more than they originally cost new!
I got my black leather/alcantara interior complete with door cards for £400 on ebay. OK it wasn't recaro but overrated IMO anyway. Leather interiors don't come up very often, it took 4 months of looking to get mine, scrapyards are useless unless you know a good one, the good stuff is gone before they even unload the car.

4 months,im looking for some leathers,hope i dont have to wait that long.how much do full leathers for a 2001 A4 normally go for?

im really looking for recaros out the s4 tho not for £1500 mind you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

im guessing they would fit ok?

ERR...full leather,i dont want that alcantara,it looks cheap and nasty in my oppinion.

right this is my post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif lol

anyone any ideas on S4 interiors?

Alcantara is actually the same price as full leather. Have fun slipping & sliding all over your new seats.
Full S4 interiors would go for about £800.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

But by limiting your choice to S4 interiors it's not really about cost but how often these interiors come up. I had to wait 4 months for mine from any B6 A4 Avant, I've never seen one available from an S4 in that time. I must see 20 non S4's to every S4 on the roads so you're limiting your choice by a factor of 20, so 4 months becomes 80 months. Which is why that German example was going for stupid money. There just aren't any around. If you write off an S4 then someone will pay good money to buy the wreck intact and get it back on the road.

[ QUOTE ]
Alcantara is actually the same price as full leather. Have fun slipping & sliding all over your new seats.

[/ QUOTE ]

If leather is looked after & treated with the right cleaners (such as Liquid Leather) , it should not be slippery at all. Too often the problem is that the leather is either not cleaned, or it's cleaned with the wrong stuff, as a result of which it becomes shiny.

Yes but whichever way you look at it, it is more slippery than alcantara, and colder too. We have both and I much prefer the half leather alcantara as you can really wedge yourself into it.

[ QUOTE ]
Yes but whichever way you look at it, it is more slippery than alcantara, and colder too. We have both and I much prefer the half leather alcantara as you can really wedge yourself into it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must confess there are times in winter when i wish it had bum-warmers.

What's the wear like on Alcantara compared say with normal cloth seats?

[ QUOTE ]
But by limiting your choice to S4 interiors it's not really about cost but how often these interiors come up. I had to wait 4 months for mine from any B6 A4 Avant, I've never seen one available from an S4 in that time. I must see 20 non S4's to every S4 on the roads so you're limiting your choice by a factor of 20, so 4 months becomes 80 months. Which is why that German example was going for stupid money. There just aren't any around. If you write off an S4 then someone will pay good money to buy the wreck intact and get it back on the road.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
i was really after the front recaros as i have half leather at the moment

[/ QUOTE ]

Andy has a very good point kenny.

But like me you've got an S-Line and anything other than a full Recaro S4 interior would be pointless............................
Bubs_S_Line_Avant_10.sized.jpg

I saw a silver nappa S4 interior on Ebay a while back, but I can't remember what it went for sorry...................... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Mind you going by Andy's theory, you've got a long wait for the next one................!!

Good Luck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

yeah i fancy the recaros tbh.

any idea if other ones fit, such as A6 seats?

IIRC, dont each of the front electric recaro seats costs about £2500 each new?

wouldnt surprise me.

anyone no if the likes of an S6 front seat fit directly into an A4(b6)?

(trying to make more cars available...lol)

S6 or any A6 Seat has a completely different seat rail system and will not fit.

You can buy the Original S4 Recaro's direct from Recaro at a cost of £1400each - but will plug in and work - airbags included