B6 3.0 V6 Quattro - Getting it to sound sweet on a budget

xeningti

Reaction score
So guys i need a little advice

I think the stock exhaust on the quattro doesn't really let my girl sing her song ! if you get me!

at some point i am planning on getting straight pipes and she will scream, but for the interim i was wondering if you lovely people had any suggestions on making her V6 sound "apparent" and ideally on a budget!

and no i don't wana drill holes in the exhaust! just if there was any little mods or DIY's i could do to make that burble "apparent"

Thanks
:D

You could remove the boxes and use a flexi exhaust to patch the gap.

thanks for the reply Dan, does this involve removing the mufflers you mean? at the end ? any idea how much this would cost? and what sort of sound i would get?

thanks

Yeah you could remove the rear back boxes. You would need to fabricate a hanger of some sort to hold it in place though.

Flexi pipe is cheap and available from most motor factors. It comes in various sizes so you need to measure the OD of the pipe you want to join it to. Check eBay for it too.

I paid £15 for a 2 meter length. I used it a temporary measure when an old back box fell off my old car. I didn't want to buy a standard box as I was getting a custom once I'd saved up enough for it.

Yeah you could remove the rear back boxes. You would need to fabricate a hanger of some sort to hold it in place though.

Flexi pipe is cheap and available from most motor factors. It comes in various sizes so you need to measure the OD of the pipe you want to join it to. Check eBay for it too.

I paid £15 for a 2 meter length. I used it a temporary measure when an old back box fell off my old car. I didn't want to buy a standard box as I was getting a custom once I'd saved up enough for it.

ok sounds like an option, maybe a bit more work that id like to do as i dont have cutting tools or welders or anything like that, what about exhaust tips?

You don't need any cutting tools. Remove the rear boxes and replace with flexi.

Or Just wait until you can afford a custom system. If it's not blowing then I'd leave it personally.

You can get tips off ebay that will fit.

You don't need any cutting tools. Remove the rear boxes and replace with flexi.

Or Just wait until you can afford a custom system. If it's not blowing then I'd leave it personally.

You can get tips off ebay that will fit.

oh so the muffler boxes just clamp off or something? so i were to remove them could i then just place tips on the end? would that make her sound nice?

Yes, the box should be clamped somewhere, unless it's an all in one exhaust which were sometimes put on cars. It would make it sound louder.

Yes, the box should be clamped somewhere, unless it's an all in one exhaust which were sometimes put on cars. It would make it sound louder.

thanks mate ill have a look under the car and see what what i hope the bolt off relitively close to the end of the pip so i dnt need to attatch any extension if i decide to go for tips