Aero arms - adaptors to regular wipers?

academygaz

Reaction score
My wipers were smearing pretty badly last night. Went into Halfords earlier today and according to their chart, some Valeo wipers (R51 and R53) would fit my B6 Sport Avant. Not a bad price, £12 per side and I've had them on lots of other cars so I made the purchase.

Came to fit them, and the fitments weren't the typical hook as I was expecting (I'm new to the B6), but some sort of square block. I've done a bit of reading up and it seems I have Aero wiper arms. Are there any adaptors to retrofit hook-style wipers to aero block arms? I'm just wondering as its a lot cheaper to get the same performance with the old style wipers.

I don't think so only the other way round! I find the aero wipers much better and worth the extra money. I get genuine Audi ones as they seem to last better. If you want regular wipers I bet someone on here would be happy to swop wiper arms with you.lol

Last edited:
Take them back to Halfords, they don't quibble about refunds. Genuine Bosch Aero wipers from TPS cost me about £20 for the pair last time I needed to replace.

I don't think so only the other way round! I find the aero wipers much better and worth the extra money. I get genuine Audi ones as they seem to last better. If you want regular wipers I bet someone on here would be happy to swop wiper arms with you.lol

x2 - and I can think of no reason why anyone would want to go back to the old-fashioned blades on those creaky, juddery arms either. The Aero blades and associated arms are quite possibly one of most cost effective "upgrades" to the B6 if not already on the car.

I do a lot of miles at random times of night (photographer), and had a lot of occasions where my wipers have started smearing at 2am in a bad downpour....the only places open for car parts at that time are 24hr supermarkets, and they obviously don't stock aero wipers. I have a bottle of Rain-X in the car but that doesn't replace proper wipers. Valeo ones are one-piece proper jobs, no cantilever design like old style wipers, just a hook fixing. Had them on many cars and they are fantastic. I'll have to come up with some way of adapting them.