parking sensor part number & any handy hints

norris_309

Reaction score
When I bought my a4 avant it had a fault with the rear parking sensors.
It beeps once followed by a long beep, the lad I bought it from said scanning the car states the 2 outer sensors are faulty, but doing the ear to bumper test they all click apart from the left centre one.

I thought I could live with the fault and wasn't bothered.... For a a couple of months, now I'm bored of the beep so need if sorting.

I've found the following
GENUINE AUDI 4B0919275B 3 PIN PDC PARKING SENSOR REVERSING FRONT REAR | eBay

It looks the same, but can anyone confirm the part number is correct?
I've called audi but they wouldn't give me the part number....

Also, to anyone whos replaced these, how do they come out of the bumper?
I can feel them, but not sure if you twist them out, or need to just pull/press any catches??
Not sure if its possible without removing the bumper anyway, but trying to avoid that.

Cheers

Remove the bumper would give u a better idea of how to remove, and my car does the same one beep then a long beep so if u do get it sorted let me know would be helpful cheers!

I replaced one of mine With an eBay compatible but I still get the constant beep. Anyway the part number of the one I took off is 4b0919275b

Good news on the part number then cheers.
Not so good news with yours still showing the error? That's what I'm worried about.
If I pay someone to fit it, only to still have the error I'll not be too pleased!
Seeing as the one that's not clicking isnt the same as the previous owner said the scan showed??

Did you have to take their bumper off? If so is it difficult?... The extent of my skills end with changing brake discs and pads..

There's a lot of screws and bolts to remove the avant bumper. It's time consuming rather than difficult. It took me about 1 hour the first time, last time it took 20 mins. It's annoying that you can't get your hand in to release the sensors

That's kind of nice to know then lol.
How about the sensor wires? Is there enough slasck on them to pull the bumper away? Looking underneath it looks like the cabling is all neatly tucked away.
Do you know what's up with yours now then?

Yes there was a little slack in the wiring so I could move the bumper about 6 inch away from the body.
I'm not sure what's up with it, I really need to get it scanned before i try anything else.
All the best with yours