Snub mount!! (Mine, pic attached 😳)

peteh

Reaction score

Hi all, doing a oil change today and was shocked how mine has deteriorated!!

It it just came apart by flicking the rubber!!

has anyone used a eBay one? My local motor factors couldn't help....

Thinking 2.5tdi one but unsure which I need, anyone help?

Cheers muchly

That is well gone, They aren't that expensive from the dealers. You can get upgraded solid rubber parts used on the more sporty cars such as the S and RS models. That blue cross on the bottom isn't from the factory looks to me like somebody has spotted that and marked it.

I've got a S4 one (I think) and it was round but much firmer rubber, set the front in to the service position in order to replace it and my mechanic also had some rubber safe lube to make the refitting easier.

I have a 2.5 tdi and the snub is not any different to the one pictured afaik its the same as the 1.9. go for the s4 or rs4 one.

IMG 5746

These are brand new oem VW Passat B5.5 snub mounts.

Top we have the soft polyeurathane foam 1.9 tdi , below is the stiffer black rubber 2.5 V6 tdi version.

The 2.5 is used as an upgrade on the 1.9 , despite the hole shape difference hot water/ KY jelly and it's on.

Can't understand that Audi would use the soft 1.9 on a heavy 2.5 6 pot.

KY JELLY! Out of the bedroom and in to the garage, ah ha ha! Good idea though, doesn't perish rubber...!

View attachment 35744

These are brand new oem VW Passat B5.5 snub mounts.

Top we have the soft polyeurathane foam 1.9 tdi , below is the stiffer black rubber 2.5 V6 tdi version.

The 2.5 is used as an upgrade on the 1.9 , despite the hole shape difference hot water/ KY jelly and it's on.

Can't understand that Audi would use the soft 1.9 on a heavy 2.5 6 pot.

I need to look into this because mine is deffo the softer one

I fitted an ECS polyurethane snub mount to mine today & am very impressed with it. It stops all the movement in the gear stick when letting off the throttle & changing gear & it actually has less vibration than it had with the standard mount, the old one was like a knackered old sponge though, extremely deterioated :ermm:

Last edited:
Reactions: Welshquattro
I fitted an ECS polurethane snub mount to mine today & am very impressed with it. It stops all the movement in the gear stick when letting off the throttle & changing gear & it actually has less vibration than it had with the standard mount, the old one was like a knackered old sponge though, extremely deterioated :ermm:
I have one fitted too and have the ECS rear diff mount to fit aswell.