Cabriolet Roof Probs

jimmyjam

Reaction score
Hi forum can anyone please advise , I have 2002 A4 Soft Top. It appears when I activate the button centre consul to drop the roof down the top disengages, windows drop down (only half way) and that's it ! It's a real prob there's no codes or mo other signs

I know it's not the switch but another problem has anyone encountered this before ? Advice would be grateful

Hi yer Jimmyjam

did you catch the roof with anything I had that problem when I loaded some cladding it caught the roof 3/4 off the way through and got stuck had to manually reclose it and then get it reset with an audi garage when roof trips out, you also need to look on the site heard that the roof motor is not the greatest in the world one of the guys here takes out the motor and cleans it out excellent thread

Hi Si no mate haven't caught anything just all of a sudden decided to get stuck bizarre. I dread to think how much a new motor would be ! Do you have a link to the chap that cleans them out mate ? Again much appreciated

theres so many things that can go wrong with the lid

pump sensors etc.

first thing to do is search the forum its been asked many many a time.

read your owners book and follow the simple reset info then if that doesn't cure the proble get codes read with vcds etc.

Thanks leegsi tried a reset but still same can you confirm how you done a reset plz

Followed this:

Last edited by a moderator: