Volks AutosSky Insurance
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By adamss24
  • 2 Post By adamss24

Thread: Audi a4 2.5 engine change to 3.0 tdi

Neutral

Status

Audi a4 2.5 engine change to 3.0 tdi

Hi guys. Was thinking about buying a 3.0 tdi engine from a local car breaker. he said its out of a 06 a4. I was wondering has anyone ever tried this and would the wiring loom an all be the same??

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Adams might be able to help. But the 2.5 and the 3.0 is a very different engine.
    Atlas Grey A4 2.5 TDI Quattro Sport.
    Mods so far: Cruise control, DIS, Heated Mirrors, Tuning box, Xenonx, Centre Arm Rest, MFSW, RNS-E, SDS and Aero Wipers.
    To do: None yet.
    Next: Auto dip rearview mirror and Folding Mirrors.

6th Gear

Status
    Forget about it, nearly everything is different: box, engine, ECU, ABS pump, engine wiring loom, dashboard wiring loom, etc... You better off spending the 2-3 grand towards the car with the engine you want in it or spend the money upgrading the car you have...
    3k spent into a 2,5 tdi will go beyond what a 3.0Tdi will do with just a remap ! Done a DPF delete on a 2007 a5 2.7Tdi this weekend and working on the new engines is much more involved compared to the old v6 tdi lump !
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

Neutral

Status
    Thought that might be the case. Worth a try though haha

Neutral

Status
    U seem to know what your talking about mate. I was goanna get a bigger turbo etc but tried to mail you for advice but never heard anything. What would I need for it its an ake engine

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by boardy1987 View Post
    U seem to know what your talking about mate. I was gonna get a bigger turbo etc but tried to mail you for advice but never heard anything. What would I need for it its an ake engine
    Sorry, must have got un-noticed, some weeks i have too many emails so cannot answer all ! Anyway, what's your budget ? You can get 350 Bhp out of the good old AKE engine with a few bolt on mods ! I can get you big nozzles, a hybrid turbo, a 4 Bar map sensor, a custom map and a clutch whatever your power...just let me know what you're after... Chris- 07789912128
    boardy1987 likes this.
    FOR SALE:
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

Neutral

Status
    Spot on mate cheers. Ive near a grand there id budget prob a 1500 2000 or so. I saw a thread on this people saying you cant do nothing with them bar a remap. How do I find out if my engine is a good one before blowing it up mate. Ive got vagcom and all mate.

6th Gear

Status
    Best to look at the camshafts to see if they are in good nick and not worn. I can get you a turbo fitted with a 56mm or 60mm compressor wheel which will supply plenty air for 250-270 Bhp, a set of nozzles (choice of 40%, 66%, 80% larger nozzles), a 4 Bar remap + a new tune will produce so much torque that it will slip the clutch. With a smooth tune and above ingredients it will do some serious Bhp !
    If you're near North London one day, drop me a line and i will take you for a spin in my 2 tonne allroad- not exactly the lightest car for a performance upgrade but i like to go against the grain sometimes !
    pauldazzle and boardy1987 like this.
    FOR SALE:

Neutral

Status
    Aw man that sound awsome. Ive got your number mate il definatly be in touch. Thanks man