2003 A4 Front electric window query

teknobod

Reaction score
I've just bought a 2003 A4 Avant TDi Sport and am unsure whether I have a problem with the electric front windows or not.

Basically, the cars have 2 stage window switches (manual and one touch operation)

The way mine works is as follows:-

1) Drivers window switch - operates with both manual and one touch clicks.
2) Drivers door passenger window switch - only operates on one touch click.
3) Passenger door switch - operates with both manual and one touch clicks.

Can someone please confirm for me that the Drivers door passenger window switch should operate with both clicks (manual and one touch)
The manual seems to suggest this is the correct operation.

Cheers
Andy

Doesn't sound right to me. I'm certain that all switches have the two stage operation on our 2004. I'll check later.

ALL switches should have the 2 stage operation, even the rear windows(if fitted), and that for all switches on drivers door, and the switch on each door. Best get it into the dealer before the warranty expires.

[ QUOTE ]
ALL switches should have the 2 stage operation, even the rear windows(if fitted), and that for all switches on drivers door, and the switch on each door. Best get it into the dealer before the warranty expires.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too late unfortunately as it's just gone over 60k.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I should be able to sort it myself though.

Anyway, thanks for the replies guys.

Andy

Try this:

Roll down window slightly, then roll it back up all the way, make sure to let go of switch once it rolls all the way up, then hold the same switch up again for about a 2-3 seconds. Repeat for all windows to reset one-touch activation.

Did you also know you can enable a feature which allows you to roll up and down all your windows by holding down your key fob button (remote)?

Once enabled it does the same thing that holding the key in the door lock in the locking or unlocking position does, but only you can stand away from the car and do this!! I love this feature in case it starts to rain and I've left the sunroof cracked open. All I need to do is run out to the car and point the remote at the car and hold down the lock button and the sunroof closes.

Thanks for the tips D S.

I already have the remote comfort closure enabled, and have tried the window switch re-synch.

I am going to swap the switches over first but think this is highly unlikely to be the problem.
I'm just hoping it's not the regulator.

Andy

Problem sorted. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

I stripped the door panel at the weekend and removed the switch.
It looked like there had been a little water ingress which had slightly corroded the contacts.
A quick clean with a fibreglass pen and iso alcohol and the windows work perfectly now.

Thanks for all the comments.

Andy