Brake Problems - Please help

technics100

Reaction score
I have posted below about the lack of power in my tdi. It is infact a brake problem. The brake pedal seems to be sticking down when pressed. if you hit the brakes once and say 40 mph they will stay on until the car stops, the only way to release them is by pulling the brake pedal up with my foot.

Also when I hold my foot on the brake pedal the pedal will sink nearly to the floor? is that normal? I don;t think it is and think it could be master cylinder, ABS pump or servo. anyone any ideas or similar problems..

cheers

Just had the master cylinder changed. No luck. Its still doing it. It seems to be pulling the pedal down when driving and causing the brake to come on and then cut the fuel - causing no power. anyone any ideas?

Sounds like a duff servo, the master cylinder can't actuate itself, the servoe however can if its return spring is broken, the vacuum pump on the engine will pull the servo on.

I think the servo is the next option. I dissconnected the vacuum hose and the brakes worked fine (although they were crap because of no servo) but they stopped sticking on...