ECON button

ruffrida

Reaction score
Well the warm weather is ere, and all the threads start to do with Aircon etc.

Mine started before the warm weather, but after replacing me climate (for a double din 1) and because me Econ button was permanently on, well fitted the new one (used) and after the car been on for a bout mins, the econ button has come on with this set aswel, proper annoying, any one help??

Check with Vcds to be sure but more then likely system has no refrigerant or the air-con pressure switch near front radiator could be playing up. After that you could be looking at wiring or compressor problems

99% will be pressure sensor , simple job headlight out screw out sensor screw in new sensor then re-gas, job done.

Yeh had it scanned not long ago when the old climate was in,brought up nothing,would it show a sensor fault?

Yeah, it should come up with a G65 sensor fault if it's the high-pressure switch. Could just be that there's no refrigerant in it, have you tried getting it re-gassed?

When you fit a new control panel you have to code it to the car with VCDS mate, but if it was doing it before there must be an issue somewhere else.

When you fit a new control panel you have to code it to the car with VCDS mate, but if it was doing it before there must be an issue somewhere else.

Thats a bit mad,why would it need setting through vcds?
It defo needs re-gassing as it's not even cold when on.
When we scanned it jim,it didn't show anything did it?

They're coded to the vin number of each car, so it has to be learned to your car when fitted.

No mate the only thing that showed up was the radio from memory, oh and that the alarm had been triggered.

Right! So this could of been the original problem,the set that was in was not coded as they had been replaced by the previous owner.

Right! So this could of been the original problem,the set that was in was not coded as they had been replaced by the previous owner.

That and also the fact your ECON light will stay on if there is no gas. Get it re-gassed first as it will need doing anyway, then that bit is eliminated - may even knock the light off. Then look at coding the HVAC to your car

Mine was on constantly, I had the air con recharged and it sorted it out for about a week, now it's on constantly again :(

Yes there may be mate, tbh there's so many little things I'm finding and tackling with this car I wouldn't be surprised :D

Didn't know that the econ,is actually turning the aircon of,omg wha a numpty lol. Defo goin get it re-gassed though

Can anyone tell me the connection on the compressor where does the loom go to? Is it wired to a control module? Is there anyway of testing the compressor clutch by hardwiring.it?

got mine sorted a couple of months ago. needed a re-gas as it was empty and there was a pressure sensor gone faulty too. :/

freezing now though. :D