Who has used trups?

mattyb6

Reaction score
Is any one using bulbs from trups?

If so, what are his number plate lights like?
and any other bulb for that matter?

Cheers

I've used T8ups for all of my white LED interior lighting. He's helpful, knowledgeable and quick, and the bulbs are excellent; so easy to fit and they really improve the interior at night.

I can't speak for his number plate lights , as I sourced those elsewhere, but lots of members have them and seem to speak highly of them.

I have a full set of interior + number plate bulbs from him and absolutely no problems at all. They make a huge difference to the car in my opinion.

2013 01 22 19135420131223 1430092013 12 23 144524

I have for a number of things, can't fault his products at all and so have 90% of the forum :p

If you are after bulbs don't look anywhere else, he is the man.

If you search the forum posts for bulbs, he is the one everyone recommends.

Good! That's all the feedback I need and pictures do more than enough justice I'm my opinion.
Thanks lads

I'm just waiting for a reply now.

Like the above said.

He's the one you want to talk to.
He's done 3 cars, a boat, a house for me and some random projects for me.

You can't really go wrong.

Reactions: mattyb6
I used him for some bulbs and although the service was good bulbs were wrong, 2nd set of bulbs were correct but the design was poor so never used them.

Polite and good service though and everyone has only good things to say about him so I am sure I am very much in the minority.

Used him a few times now for bulb upgrades,always friendly,fast postage and quality bulbs

Only once for some led indicators... got told they were amber but were definately red :beee:.

My interior is kitted out with his bulbs

Boot lights that are actually useful!

I think they give a far more classy look to the interior. and the puddle lights I had on my A3 actually showed the puddles, unfortunately my A4 doesn't have them.

The number plate bulbs are great aswell. Not tried any of the sidelights or bulbs for up front, I found the sidelight prices too high for me.

I've used him several times, mainly for interior LED's. On my C5 A6 the map lights have an issue where they didn't work independently of the courtesy lights. At no cost to myself he sent me some alternative solutions until we found one that worked - the fault is a resistance issue unique to the C5 chassis I believe.

Maybe not the cheapest, but if we all wanted the cheapest we'd be driving Dascia's.

IMG_1818_zps95d3f8fb.jpg

Reactions: Sandra
I'm dealing with him now for full interior kit, and number plate lights

I'm unsure what headlights to go for, I've just binned my HIDs as it was causing abs lights etc.

Night breakers seem to be to the top choice but they're like £30 or something so may have to get then another time
As I'm getting pressed plates this week too lol

Don't bin your HID's.

Relocate your NS earth and cover the HID cables in kitchen foil. Or just try the later first, thats what fixed my ABS problems.

As for Sidelights I bought a single LED CREE bulb from HID's Direct. Don't buy cluster bulbs, you end up with a couple of LED's on each cluster failing quickly.

I've got some mint sidelight bulbs already. And my brother has asked for my HIDs now lol
So he can have them. I do a lot of nighttime driving and HIDs just weren't bright enough.

I CBA to relocate earths etc, I'm just after a set of bright bulbs really. Plus I was sick to death of seeing ballast behind the lights, as I couldn't fit them under the lights.

The interior bulbs are great, had them in 3 cars, no complaints here. Top bloke too.

Reactions: mattyb6
I've got some mint sidelight bulbs already. And my brother has asked for my HIDs now lol
So he can have them. I do a lot of nighttime driving and HIDs just weren't bright enough.

I CBA to relocate earths etc, I'm just after a set of bright bulbs really. Plus I was sick to death of seeing ballast behind the lights, as I couldn't fit them under the lights.

Fair enough, I bought slim ballasts and did the full OEM+ install.

I'm dealing with him now for full interior kit, and number plate lights

I'm unsure what headlights to go for, I've just binned my HIDs as it was causing abs lights etc.

Night breakers seem to be to the top choice but they're like £30 or something so may have to get then another time
As I'm getting pressed plates this week too lol

Don't bin your HID's.

Relocate your NS earth and cover the HID cables in kitchen foil. Or just try the later first, thats what fixed my ABS problems.

As for Sidelights I bought a single LED CREE bulb from HID's Direct. Don't buy cluster bulbs, you end up with a couple of LED's on each cluster failing quickly.

As Paul said, dont bin them, just try adjusting the location of the cables for the high voltage feeds to the cluster. Had the same on mine with the error, tucked them down toward the floor (so they are at right angles to the ABS etc loom behind so the interference is minimal). Foil would shield them too.

Get your Nightbreakers from bulb sellers on ebay if you want to go down that route, I've bought genuine pairs for £16 before, sod paying £30!!!

I got a quote from Trups for mine, and to be honest I was staggered at the cost so it'll have to wait a few months before I can afford them. I do have the optional interior light pack, so puddle, footwell and sidemarker lights on the door edges, and its an avant. So with all the extras needed its a lot of bulbs!

I see a lot of people on this forum comment that he is the man you should talk to for bulbs though......hence I will be buying from him when funds allow.

Last edited:
I'm getting full interior pack for mine inc plate bulbs from trups, my brother has my HIDs now, think was had burnt out by the looks of it.

Il will getting 2pairs of night breakers next month and hopefully that should be it.

Il post some pics when they're all done

HID Conversion kit, chrome indicator bulbs, fogs, 6000k all round. Only issue was the 2 LED side lights didn't work properly but I couldn't be ***** to return them - bought Cree bulbs from fleabay instead. All good otherwise, and he's easy to speak to and seems clued up.

I've got all mine in now fitted them last week
All running great and nice and bright