Which lowering springs?

mattyb6

Reaction score
Long story short as I went to replace a top mount today and heighten the from coil overs
The coil overs are seized solid!!

So I've decided I'm going to go the springs and shocks route with b5 perches

But what lowering springs are people running?
And what updated shocks if you are running them?
I know quattrojames had the eiback kit I believe

Should I upgrade the shocks?
I've renewed all the arms, drop links and top mounts on the front.
I will be doing the rear with a rs4 RARB when I do the springs

Eibach or Weitec springs for me. The Weitec spring and damper kit is very good and can highly recommend if you change the lot.

Cheers mike
What sort of price range we looking at here?

Any recommended dealers?

Ah right, il have a look.

If not il price from DPM, if the springs and dampers are too expensive il just get springs.

It's a common money cost cutting mistake not to get new dampers.

I know that, but would standard dampers and lowered springs be still okay?

I would replace the shocks anyway but depends on price wether is standard with springs or unrated springs and dampers

I read somewhere that eibach springs are the same (or very similar) compression rate to standard sport springs. So they should work fine with OEM dampers. Anyone with further knowledge can confirm or correct this haha

I know, the lad who has the white avant thread going used eiback springs on OEM dampers which what got me thinking

I've been planning eibach pro's for a while. Just needing to get new dampers and other bits and pieces before I get them fitted!

I know that, but would standard dampers and lowered springs be still okay?

I would replace the shocks anyway but depends on price wether is standard with springs or unrated springs and dampers

What model is your car ?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm under the impression that only OEM sport dampers will work with eibachs. Not OEM SE dampers.

With Eibach Pro or similar go with OE Sport shocks such as Bilstein B4 or Sachs Super Touring.

Don't use standard OE SE shocks.

So the likes of ECP will sell these, as s-line models will have these as standard

Following on from my night and day post, I really cannot recommend the Bilstein/Eibach combo I fitted last week highly enough, and when an Audi mastertech with 20+ years experience says the difference is night and day from my OEM Sport set up, that's good enough for me....

Not cheap, but you pays your money etc etc.....

Cheapest I could find was from Awesome GTI......

Following on from my night and day post, I really cannot recommend the Bilstein/Eibach combo I fitted last week highly enough, and when an Audi mastertech with 20+ years experience says the difference is night and day from my OEM Sport set up, that's good enough for me....

Not cheap, but you pays your money etc etc.....

Cheapest I could find was from Awesome GTI......

Don't happen to know the part numer do you, as there's loads of um!! Lol

also some pics with um fitted? Really wanting this kit myself, but so confused at the mo as there's so many options about at the mo....

Do -able , but I seriously wouldn't recommend it.

Eibach Pro kit spring will be more uprated than a OE Sport or S line spring.

Sport or S line springs are more uprated than SE springs.

Eibach spring really should have the stronger Sport dampers to control it.

I realise it's no ideal, but I can genuinely say I did it for 18 months + with no ill effects at all.

Don't happen to know the part numer do you, as there's loads of um!! Lol

also some pics with um fitted? Really wanting this kit myself, but so confused at the mo as there's so many options about at the mo....

Call the guys at Awesome and let them speak to Bilstein, it took over a week for mine to arrive as Bilstein had produced a superceeded part number..... I have no idea what mine is......

Been offered some eibach springs for £100 of a forum member, but there from a Quattro so don't know if they'll fit or if any has done Quattro springs on a fwd and what the differences, if any, are?

I'm going to attempt again, to free my coilover collars on Saturday if not, il be getting some eibach sprins with s-line springs as I won't be able to afford the full kit with dampers.

If I can free them il be laughing as the car won't be scraping anymore and by the time I get a rs4 rarb on be even better.

I'm keep you's updated anyway

Soak them with plusgas (or wd40 if you can't get any) a couple of times a day for a few days, then take a hammer and chisel to them mate.

As far as I am aware, quattro springs will not work with a FWD, more weight at the back with diffs etc so the spring rates will be completely different.....

Ive got a set of dampers off my 1.8t 190 s-line in the garage if any use? 30 quid if you want them mate

Thanks for the offer mate but no thanks

The engineers at work are going to sort my coilovers out for free. :)

So can't complain really, then il see what situation I'm in after that