Bumper alignment/removal query...

bobsyouruncle

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to remove and realign the front bumper on my Sport Avant.

There are 3 bolts at the back of the bumper accessible via the wheel arch. However, I can't get at the passenger side as the lower part of the washer bottle is in the way.

How do you get at that side? Do you have to remove the washer bottle? If so, how?

Managed this on my 2004 Avant without removing the washer bottle, it was a sport bumper too. It's fiddly but I managed to fit a 10mm ring spanner down to shift the nuts a little at a time.

Good luck

Reactions: bobsyouruncle
Managed this on my 2004 Avant without removing the washer bottle, it was a sport bumper too. It's fiddly but I managed to fit a 10mm ring spanner down to shift the nuts a little at a time.

Good luck

Seriously Frank?

I'll need to go and have another look when the wife returns, but it seemed impossible to get at when I looked this morning.

Thanks for the reply.

Good luck

Had another look, Frank. There's absolutely no access at all.

Did you have your car on a ramp? I'm working on the ground.

Ah, ok have you taken the headlights out? You have to remove the top two screws and then LOOSEN the two lower screws so the headlight unit slides forward so you can un-clip the wiring. Having done that you should be able to access the bumper fixings.
Removed mins on the ground also.

Frank

Ah, ok have you taken the headlights out? You have to remove the top two screws and then LOOSEN the two lower screws so the headlight unit slides forward so you can un-clip the wiring. Having done that you should be able to access the bumper fixings.
Removed mins on the ground also.

Frank

So you get at them from above by removed the headlight?

I've had the headlight out before so I know what I'm doing in that regard.

yes pop head lights out and 3 bolts are right there a ratchet spanner works a treat :)

Yep take the headlights out for access to the 3 bolts connecting to the wings, i removed my sport bumper two weeks ago and this part was straight forward. However my bumper had 5 Allen key type bolts across the front which were a nightmare to get undone as they couldn't be seen.