severe lack of power...tdi

technics100

Reaction score
My 130 tdi has started to develope a severe lack of power. It only seems to happen when coming into roundabouts and changing from 5th to 3rd while braking and then going to accelerate and nothing. i mean nothing. it seems to have serious lag of some sort. At first I thought it was someone turbo related but I am now thinking its something to do with the brakes. I don't know if anyone has ever tried let foot braking in a tdi, but it doesn't work. It seems like after braking for a roundabout it keeps the fuel cut off for a while after lifting off the brakes.. anyone had anything similar to this? am going to a mates who has vag-vom tonight, so we will see what happens..

Sound interesting mate, let us know if your mate finds anythin in VagCom.
I haven't driven my car hard enough to use left foot braking. Mine is also a 130 TDi and I get a funny lag - spurt after I lift off and go back on the accelerator, guess its turbo lag.
Not used to a TDi you see.

Well checked it out with VAg-com and its the brakes, its started to do it all the time now, seems to be the pedel sticking on. has anyone else had this happen? is it just a sticky pedal or something else?

cheers