recommended tyre pressures

jonmusicman

Reaction score
Does everyone set their tyres pressures to the Audi guide inside the fuel filler cover? Have improvements to the handeling been made by altering the pressures?

I have a 2001- A4 1.8T sport with 185/55/16's.
I look forward to your comments. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

Yes I do and why should I doubt Audi when it comes to tyre pressures? They built the car!!!

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

p.s - The bike's a different story though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Like Bub I adhere to Audi's recommendations. I've played around with them and found myself back at Audi's recommendations.

Anywhere in between the minimum load and full load pressures will be ok if you prefer the ride more crisp. Trouble is you end up with the car a little skittish in the wet if too high. Have a play and see what you prefer.

Bub,

What are the recommended tyre pressures for you 1.8T 190 S-Line ?

I have just bought some Ronal O.E 5 Arm alloys ( S-lines ) for my 190T Sport but the sticker on the inside of the door only shows the 17 inch tyre pressures......is it the same for the larger alloys...eg 32 front and back ?

Hi,
the pressures for my 1.8tq Avant are --

36psi F+R - Normal load

42psi F+R - Fully laden & High speed

This is for 235/40R18 tyres.

I've been running these pressures since new and have no issues. Still over 5mm all round @ 11k

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Great, thanks......a bit higher than currently on my 17's then.

I will be putting the standard 235/40's on as I like to keep things as the manufacturer recommends.....after all, as you say, they have spent plenty of time testing their cars.

Any recommendations on tyres ?

Don't open that can of worms again!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Take a look HERE.

TBH I've never heard a bad thing said against Goodyear F1's.

My car (as all the B6 S-Lines, I think) came with Pirelli P Zero Rosso's I think they're pretty good as an OE tyre - Plenty of grip wet or dry (maybe Quattro helps) and as I've said seem to be wearing very well. I've heard of other owners getting nearly 30k miles from a set, which is good going for a permanent four wheel drive car. One thing I'd say is they can be noisy but I would expect that with 235mm wide tyres.

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Yes, I have trawled through all the threads on tyres, just thought I would ask you, thanks.

I think I may try some P-Zero Nero's as they seem to come out v.well in all the tests and are supposed to be quieter than the Rosso's.

Anyway, that is a thread for the 'Handling' forum !!

thanks again.

This old chestnut again!!

I run at 34psi all round cold and have done since car was new. Rosso's lasted 30k, and I now have Goodyear F1's.

Prefer the goodyear.