Red/Clear Painted LED Tail lamps

dstech

Reaction score
Website
www.audicrazy.com
I purchased a set from TMTuning.com.
If you have the DIS in the cluster then these will set a bulb out warning in the display. I have a writeup as to how to fix it if anyone is interested.

I painted the tails to match the color of the stock B6 Tail Lamps, thus from the outside they look almost identical. The paint ended up being a little matte even though I used a high gloss clear coat.

Here's what the Running Lights look like installed on the car with the inline resistor to remedy the Bulb Out Error.
Running_Lights.jpg

With Brake Lights on:
Brake_Lights.jpg

With Hazards on:
Hazzard_Lights.jpg

Nice one.

TBH they're the best looking LED lamps I've seen for the A4, do they do Avant ones too................ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BUB

Reactions: costyshadow
I'm very interested in how to resolve the bulb error. I really want LED front side lights but it throws an error and then strobes the light on and off.

Here's the how-to for fixing the bulb out error for the Rear LED tail lights. Do you have pictures of LED Head Lights? I've never seen those. Are you talking about just the small city bulb? If so, the fix is the same, you just need a smaller resistor.

LED TAIL LIGHT BULB OUT ERROR FIX:

This writeup will show you how to remove the bulb out warning in the cluster if you have purchased KaTuning's LED Tail lamps (sold by TMTuning.com). Not sure if Topauto.de's tails are the same, but I suspect they are.

The skill level is about a 5/10 with soldering ability needed.
10 = Master tech
5 = Average Garage monkey
1 = 10yr old son's ability

The equipment you'll need is:
+Wire Cutters
+Pliers
+Soldering Iron
+Solder
+18-20 Guage wire (12 inches total)
+2 100ohm-150ohm 5W-10W ceramic coated resistors
+Heat shrink (various sizes)
+4 squeeze connectors

Equipment.jpg

Resistors.jpg

Heatshrink.jpg

SqeezeConnectors.jpg

Start off by cutting four 3" wires. Strip only one end of each wire to expose about 1/2" of wire. Then trim the resistors so that only about 1/2" of the wire coming out of each end of the resistor is showing. Next wrap the wires around the ends of each resistor.
Wire_1.jpg

Next solder the wires to the resistors.
Wire_2.jpg

Next cut some heatshrink and use the base of the soldering iron to heat up the heatshrink.
Wire_3.jpg

Next cut some larger heatshrink and shrink it over the Resistor.
Wire_4.jpg

Next use the pliers to clamp the wire squeeze connectors onto the BLACK and GREEN/WhiteStripe wire on the LED Tail Lamp. The Black wire is the ground wire and the Green/WhiteStripe wire leads to the LED's for the running light. The wires are the same for each tail lamp.
LED_Harness_wires.jpg

ClampedOn.jpg

Now you're done.