18" or 19" Help me decide

Arf

Reaction score
Hi lookin for a new set of rims for my new audi a4/b6.First of all a need to decide on size can any1 tell me whether or not 18" or 19" are better 19 obviously give a better look but is it worth sacraficing the ride quality. Secondly i would appreciate any pics of recomendations for your fav alloys on an a4/b6.

cheers

18's are better in everyway with the exception of looks. It depends what you want.

18's in everyway including price of tyres, 35 profile tyres are expensive.
19's will also look silly unless you drop the ride height

19's will look fine with 235/35R19 tyres. The rolling radius is the same as 235/40R18.

Here's a couple of pic's for you......

Before
388382-Watches040.jpg

After
407960-Audi004.jpg

More 19's ...................
audi_003.sized.jpg

I've got to say the 19" Five Arms look fantastic. As for living with them I've only heard positive comments from owners.................. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

HTH

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

thanks for the pics they look gr8 but am still unsure does any1 have pics of a b6 with the new rs4 on it 19" and any other pics of nice lookin wheels on the b6 am lookin for options dnt wanna jump in yet

cheers

Can you get B7 RS4 reps' in 19"......?

TBH if they do them they'll only be 8" wide. The 18x8's just look too flat as they can't get the same dish as the real thing.

BUB

Before going to 19's think about the additional tramlining, 18's will do it, 19's are worse.
Some people are happy to trade the quicker turn in etc. but 19's don't lend themselves to a relaxing drive.

just my opinion, i'm sure others will have their's

[ QUOTE ]
Bub, those photo's can't be on standard sports suspension, can they?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I think so Andy. The red Avant is a S-Line and AFAIK the blue one is a sport.

Like I said with 235/35's the radius is the same.

BUB

[ QUOTE ]
Before going to 19's think about the additional tramlining, 18's will do it, 19's are worse.
Some people are happy to trade the quicker turn in etc. but 19's don't lend themselves to a relaxing drive.

just my opinion, i'm sure others will have their's

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not so sure Hunts, the owner reports I've read say it's hard to tell the difference between 18" and 19" wheels. I'd imagine going from 16” or 17” you could easily tell though.....

My only worry would be the crap state of our country's roads and the possible damage that would undoubtedly get caused to my sexy 19" Five Arms /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

Off topic - How's the Mazda? perhaps a mini review would be nice..................? (in the review section)

Its done, take a look.

Thanks for the interest

I know the radius is the same, but it's all in how they look when the tyre profile is less than the gap between the tyre and wheelarch and it statrs to look like a 4x4.

Yes I know the 'look' you're on about Andy, even my Mrs can spot a Corsa 'on stilts' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But fortunately the B6 doesn't seen to suffer with that problem.

19" Five Arm reps' just look sooooo right on the GmbH kitted B6's
notworthy.gif

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif