Retro fitting cruise control

Arf

Reaction score
Hi there does any1 know of any known faults that can occour due to fitting cruise control(not factory fitted) to an audi a4 1.9 tdi quattro(2004/53plate) I have heard it can cause problems in other cars so i am just wondering if any1 knows anything about it before i get mine done at fontain audi.

cheers

I had cruise control retro fitted to my 1.9 tdi Avant B6 (not Quattro) by a guy of this forum great job even better price (cheaper than Audi charge from new) and no problems in over 8 months use.

All parts were genuine Audi and is exactly the same as if factory fitted from new.

From what I was told there were problems when using VAG com but he used Audi VAS system to code the car

timps,
Does the member that fitted your cruise still frequent this forum? Does he still fit cc? Is he near manchester? I'm looking at having mine done, and was going to have it done by a dealer.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi there does any1 know of any known faults that can occour due to fitting cruise control(not factory fitted) to an audi a4 1.9 tdi quattro(2004/53plate) I have heard it can cause problems in other cars so i am just wondering if any1 knows anything about it before i get mine done at fontain audi.

cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

Got mine done by Fontain. Absolutely no problems whatsoever. The point is that although it might not be factory-fitted, it is still OEM. That's a long drive you've got there, but at least you'll have ample chance to use the newly-installed cruise on the way home /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
timps,
Does the member that fitted your cruise still frequent this forum? Does he still fit cc? Is he near manchester? I'm looking at having mine done, and was going to have it done by a dealer.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guys screen name was a4sline absolute top chap & has done quite a few retrofits on this forum all positive remarks mine included.

I met him at Hilton Park services on the m6.
He explained everything as he was going along very professional and quick.
Give him a pm & see if he is still doing it I would definitely recommend him.

This is the link I got his name from

Link