sport suspension for TDI avant '02

cnpaterson

Reaction score
I am looking to modify my car by adding 17" or 18" alloys, but feel I need to lower the car similar to whats on the TDI sport model. I've tried ebay for a second hand sport suspension set, but to no avail. I don't want too low a ride or too hard a ride, just something thats going to improve the looks when the new wheels are on. Does anybody have any suggestions where I can get this sport suspension or an alternative set up?

I've gone ahead and ordered a set of 18" RS6 reps with mid range tyres, (Kuhmo's) £549 inc nuts, badges and fitting. Getting them fitted tomorrow. I'll see how they look before I decide to alter the suspension, although I've already enquired about Eibach springs. Wife is showing signs of concern.

post some pics when there fitted ,

where did you get your wheels from ?

i`m doing the same with my avant 02 .

chris

[ QUOTE ]
I've gone ahead and ordered a set of 18" RS6 reps with mid range tyres, (Kuhmo's) £549 inc nuts, badges and fitting. Getting them fitted tomorrow. I'll see how they look before I decide to alter the suspension, although I've already enquired about Eibach springs. Wife is showing signs of concern.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you just fitting springs or springs and shoxs?

After shopping around the net I noticed the price varied from website to website for the RS6 reps. I was also made aware from warnings on this forum, that the replicas could come in all standards of quality. I eventually went for the old fashioned option of phoning my local tyre garage, Turriff Tyres (location NE Scotland, they have website) and they came up with the best price and choice of tyre. Quality of the reps are pretty good and make the car look 100% better. I will take photos, although I'm not sure how to attach to posting, any help will be appreciated.
As far as suspension goes I was considering just fitting Eibach springs to existing shox, but I'm happy enough with looks just now as its already a huge improvement on the 16" wheels that it did have.

I forgot to ask if anyone knows of any deals on locking wheel nuts. The standard lock nuts that are fitted don't look that complex. I believe the McGard ultra lock nuts have good rating.