upgrading to B6

ribena

Reaction score
hi all

just about to upgrade from a B5 '01 a4 2.5tdi quattro avant tip to a B6 '53 plate manual

what fantastic cars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

got all my ICE to swap over and will be pimp tinting and fitting 18"rs6's with F1's asap

quick Q for those who have fitted replica alloys ' are they ok as regards quality, finish and balance etc ' recommendations ?

am aiming on keeping this for a good while and want something that will last even if it means waiting for a genuine set ?????

thx

I just changed to 18" rs6 reps, love them and the finish is perfect. Have a look at the following pics. I got mine from Rockford Tyres, 3 day delivery to me here in Ireland but others on the forum only had to wait a day or maybe two.
The ride quality didn't change too much, but it is a little harder but gives more feedback.

PICT0507.jpg

PICT0515.jpg

PICT0518.jpg

cheers m8

saw your pics on the other thread, lookin good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

what offset and tyres did you go for in the end? can you post a pic to show the offset plz

if the ride is too hard can you lighten the pressures a little

have had multi spokes on the B5. and superleggeras on my honda and I'm looking forward to quick and easy clean wheels soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

likely to have 17" 5 spokes for sale soon. pm if interested

some piccies for you

edit : never can get pics into forums /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

pics and ice build @ B6 A4 album

hope you like

Head unit is an Alpine CDA9855R with JL audio e6450 6ch amp driving a 10w3v2 sub with JL XR biwired front components with HU driven TR components in the rear /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

all installed by yours truly and surprisingly sounds excellent

any comments on the rear lights

good bad or indifferent ??

am still unsure myself

on a ford festa maybe , tinted lights not my cupa a tea , but it`s your car.

apart from that looking good

ditch the rear lights and you will have one fantastic looking car,
as for the ICE system, superb.
i am planning the same sort of thing for my A4 B6 avant, only difference is i'll be trying to "hide" the sub somewhere.
expect to get a lot of e.mails from me asking for advice... lol

hmmm

have had loads of good comments from mates,maybe in the flesh it looks better, but still not sure

originally asked sprayers to mask out the clear reverse and indicator bit but confusion and lack of communication on both ends ended up with this result /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

will either scour the net for some black lexus style or get some new lights and spray them as intended

griff - anytime mate