Is your steering wheel dead centre?

p1tse

Reaction score
Not had the car long but I think I've noticed in recent weeks its a bit off centre and down to the left a bit on positioning

I can't remember if it was like this when I got it but I drove 300 miles and not noticed so not sure lol

I do know my top upper arm bushes are deteriorating/ splitting which needs changing
Could this cause the issue

Also on slow parking pace with a certain , almost full lock I hear a rubbing, drone type noise from the steering area possibly; any thoughts?

mine is
it wasnt but i got it put right
just needs tracking up to sort it

Mine was out, had it aligned but didn't sort it. Changed all the wishbone bushes and tracked again. Now Sorted.
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

Sounds like a bit of both to me,but if ya know ya bushes are gone,get em done then get it tracked,be sorted then.

Thanks

How much did you all spend doing it?

Did you doing tracking or wheel alignment or is it the same thing?

Tracking will sort this, a dull 4 wheel alignment Wil be better, looking at somewhere in the region of £70 to £100. Make sure all you bushes are good and control arms are sorted or you just have to pay out again.

Sorry. Yeh. Tracking / wheel alignment. Same thing,but don't have it done unless ya sort ya bushes first

I have this too,to drive in a straight line my sw needs to be pointing roughly at 1 o'clock!
Only reason is when the the sw was fitted,it wasnt alligned straight,think i can take sw off and do myself,just never got round to it.

I have this too,to drive in a straight line my sw needs to be pointing roughly at 1 o'clock!
Only reason is when the the sw was fitted,it wasnt alligned straight,think i can take sw off and do myself,just never got round to it.

Thats what i did with my 8L, took it of, 1 click along and it was bang on !!