RNSd fitted few niggles

dale86

Reaction score
I've just fitted a RNSd which I am very happy with but it has a few niggles bugging me I only have volume on my rear speakers and it won't recognize my CD changers any help would be appreciated thanks .

Can anyone please help on this I've found out about the changer problem it's not compatible I need a different model bit the speakers are irritating me now and are very quiet full volume is about at what my chorus head unit was on half volume . I've also noticed o my the right hand side of the RNSd is not illuminating but the left is .

Check cables but you may need to code the unit with as it could be in Cabriolet mode or something. Double check the coding suits your car set up

Oh yeah I know mate I've got a friend doing it tomorrow but I was jus wondering if their is anywhere I can get hold of the codes that will need altering through vagcom.

It gives you the options list for that unit when logged in to the module

Update on situation I've had a friend plug VCDS in and had to code front speakers in and now work spot on. On the down side a little digging found that my original CD changer is not compatable with the RNSd which is frustrating as mine is the same code but needs to have a B or C on the end grrrrrr. I have one on order from trusty eBay.DE as couldn't find one here. Happy Days

Yeah getting their finally lol I was wishing I'd never bothered but it's all coming together now. The next thing is to see if my cable between head unit and CD changer is compatable next I might havr to ask you to check the part num on yours James if you don't mind. When my mate read the fault codes last night one came up for the head unit it was 65535 internal control module memory error does this mean anything to anyone . Thanks for all the help so far lads .

I got a spare CD changer cable at home you need it mate.
Hopefully you wont.

No idea what that error means.

Does the unit work ok?
Remembers radio stations and satnav address?

Yeah it works apart from for some strange reason the right hand side buttons don't illuminate it holds radion stations when it finds them but that's because I have a break in the Arial circuit somewhere that is another fault code that comes up but it's been their since I've owned the car I think it's the booster above the rear window. I hav not fitted the TCM unit yet I'll fit it at a later date so can't comment on the Sat nav yet. When I turn the unit on two messages pop up I think one says about the Arial and the other about TMC memory .

I have a extra issue to add to the list that I need advice on please. Since fittind my RNSd it seems my boot stopped opening via the boot release button on the trunk and when I put the key in and turned it to the right I would get a mighty constant siren from behind the dash almost like the noise you get if you leave your lights on when you takes keys out the ignition but a lot louder. Now the boot opening could be a coincidence but the siren.definitely not as since I have disconnected the extra wires I had to run for a RNSd install which is illuminating wire taken from headlight switch and a permanent live I've taken from the other permanent live on the head unit. My problem.seems to be with the permanent live as when disconnected it doesn't make the siren noise anymore. Anyone got a exsplaination to why this is happening ?

Just a update my CD changer arrived today fro EBay . De plugged it in and worked straight away so I'm a happy chappy .

Reactions: ScottD3