S-LINE 5 ARM WHEELS

Shadowman

Reaction score
I am looking around at these style of wheels and wondered if anyone her that has them on their A4 B6 S-line could tell me what the standard size of wheels and tyre is from the factory.

I have looked everywhere on here but cannot find a definitive answer.

I think that from the factory, the wheels were 8 x 18 inch ET43 with 5 x 115 stud pattern and had 235/40 18 tyres, but that is just an educated guess, so please could someone who knows or who has them certify that ?

Thanks

Also, is the s-line 5 arm ( RS look-alike ) fitted to the B7 exactly the same size and offset as the B6, as this might increase my options?

Thanks again.

[ QUOTE ]
I think that from the factory, the wheels were 8 x 18 inch ET43 with 5 x 115 stud pattern and had 235/40 18 tyres, but that is just an educated guess, so please could someone who knows or who has them certify that ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes to 8x18 and 235/40 but I don't know the PCD or offset.........

I'm pretty sure they are the same as a B7 though, I know the B7 runs 235/40's

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

B6 - you have all the numbers correct bar the PCD - it should be 5 x 112mm. Maybe this was a typo?

B7 - think it will be exactly the same but not sure.

The OE wheels are ET43 but reps are usually 35mm (so stick out 8mm more if rim is 8").

[ QUOTE ]
The OE wheels are ET43 but reps are usually 35mm (so stick out 8mm more if rim is 8").

[/ QUOTE ]

My reps match the S4 OE wheels exactly but then mine are RS6 reps and not S-line reps. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My reps match the S4 OE wheels exactly but then mine are RS6 reps and not S-line reps. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What be the difference? Do tell.

The main difference between the S-line wheel and the RS6 replica is that the spokes are dished inwardly on the RS6 reps, and the face of the S-line wheel is flatter - if that makes any sense!

Exaclty. I prefer the dished look but I know of others who prefer them flat.

Ahhh - I see what you mean. You would think then that the smaller the offset the easier to make the concave dish as the further the mounting face is from the outside lip - this probably explains why RS6 OE wheels have the dish as they are ET20 (I think) - to reduce the depth of the mounting face, weight and bolt length. Strange then that your wheels Scotty have an ET43 but are more dished than S-Line wheels with an ET43. As an ET43 is going to have less meat on the mounting face to reduce by the dish - if you see what I mean!!

So if I go for reps, presumably I want 8 x 18 pcd 5/112 ET 35 but 225/40 18 tyres as opposed to 235/40 18's on the O.E wheels because the reps are ET35 as opposed to ET43 ?

From what I have read on hear, the 225's wont give me the clearance problems that the 235's would on reps, is that right ?

Thanks

Oh, and presumably the different offset to O.E with reps ( eg ET35, not ET43 ) won't mess up the suspension geometry in any way ?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I know this sort of thing is crucial to tyre life with quattro's but don't know enough about these things myself.

My reps are ET35 with 235 tyres and there is no clearence issues. I wanted to stick with the OE tyre size. 225's will also be fine. Offset won't effect the geometry.

Thanks Simon.

Are your reps 18 x 8 with ET 35 as well ?

It is just that the car often has a full load of 4 people + luggage so I want to double check 235's won't rub as I would rather keep to O.E size tyres if poss, the same as yourself.

Shadowman - yeah mine are 18 x 8 ET35. Have had a full load and no rubbing - sounds a bit ropey that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sport Edition sells a wheel that is very similar to the RS6 type wheel. I also noticed that AT Italia has a B7 RS4 Replica wheel. Interesting how they both call them the "S6" wheel.

Sport Edition S6
se_s6_ci3_l.jpg

AT Italia S6:
ati_s6_s_ci3_l.jpg

Thanks Guys.....it looks like reps are going to be the only affordable choice and I have heard good things about Rondell.....they do a copy of the 5 spoke called the type 022 and apparently they make wheels for Audi Germany. They claim that these are same/similar quality and they seem to be more expensive than other replica's so I think I may give them a try.

Don't know if anyone on here has any experience of them ?

I know of a place in scotland if its any use to any1 its called skids and they sell all kinds of replicas and i know for a fact that the VW verve dealership in wishaw use them to put wheels on there cars they even supply the badge whether you want Audi or Vw etc. All replicas at 18" are 600 quid with kumo tyres and all 19" are 900 with kumos. They get a good name from the dealer cos my friend works in VW wishaw so I think im gonna buy a set of 5arms for my self just dnt know whether to go for 18" or 19" am not sure can any1 recomend what to go for considering all aspects.