Heater Broken???????

john2garden

Gonad
Reaction score
Hi all, I was driving to work this morning and all of a sudden my heater stopped working. All the lights are on but nothing is happening? Has this happened to anyone before and does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is?? sorry to sound dumb! I Forgot to mention my termperature guage was showing over half after driving for 10 minutes!!!

The blower went on my A4, became intermittent and then wouldn't work at all. Apparently this is a fairly common failure on older vehicles as it's on all the time, the brushes wear out and you can't get replacements so you have to replace the whole blower motor.
The blower is produced by Valeo and is part no. 8D2 820 021. Audi want £300 for one, but you can get the exact same part from independents at half the cost.
There was a guy on ebay selling some of them a whiole back, but I got mine from Audi4U on 01278-434141.
It's really easy to fit, just remove the glovebox and you'll see the blower. You have to remove a metal bracket to get to it then it's just 4 screws and it's out.
You can check that it is the brushes by opening up the blower unit and cleaning the brushes with WD40 and it should start working again, but only for a week or so.

Ive just returned from the dealers and he reckoned it is the complete aircon unit that needs replacing! Guess how much...........£633.00 thats before labour!. I nearly had a heart attack! But thank the lord I still have two months warranty remaining from when I bought it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif But I cannot get it done till the 21st so will have to drive round with a rug on and the windows open to stop the windscreen steaming up! There was a goregous RS4 waiting to be picked up too....if only!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

It's probably still the blower, but I guess they'll find that out once they've replaced everything else

Took it in this morning, got a phone call earlier...guess what? It is the blower so I have now got to wait till next Thursday to get it fixed. How a part can take over a week to arrive is beyond /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif me!

Fancy that?
Audi mechanics should register on here and they might learn something.