S4 steering / cornering

p1tse

Reaction score
New to a s4 b6 cab 2004

Not sure if its the car, characteristics or maybe just a bit of wear and year from a 10 year old car

But steering isn't pin point, ie I turn and find myself correcting a little even at normal given road speeds so nothing mental

I feel I need to correct as maybe a bit of under steer type feeling but as said not at speed and just minor corrections at times

Is it a characteristic of the car or just mindful as the other car in household is a 5 series bmw e61 touring 2007 which is very much point and shoot type turning

has the car been 4 wheel aligned recently ?
if not the next time the car is ready for a pair of tyres i would consider getting it done
it makes a big difference to the way the car handles

As others have said - a proper 4-wheel alignment will help if it hasn't been done in a while.

As you have said, with age things will be starting to wear - if you are making small corrections when going straight then I would suspect the tie-rods may need replacing.
The suspension arms have probably seen better days as-well.

I replaced my front suspension arms last year, along with a 4-wheel alignment, it was almost like a different car to drive, much more precise and predictable.

Thanks

Not on a straight but the steering control around bends is a bit vague

I turn in but then needs a bit more turn then correction. But I'm only talking small movements so not sure if its characteristics and use to modern cars coming from r32 mk5 and newer 5 series bmw

Will get 4 wheels alignment when I get upper arms done