Low 'n' slow

DieselJake

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
... But not intentionally, backend was rubbing with people in the back last night, never been in this situation before just wondering what to do about it, cars lowered on Eibach springs with AP dampers and 15mm spacers, looks the part not stupidly low when fat friends aren't sitting in the rear, wondering if I could take some weight out the back or need to do something more expensive to save the tyres.

Ripping the back seats out would solve it haha no passengers... but yeah not really an option.

Yeah, to be fair it was only the one guy who weighed a bit which makes it even more worrying :ohmy:

Spare wheel out and all the tools would be a big weight saving

Yeah think that's the way I'm swinging, also realised there was some fairly heavy stuff left in the boot which didn't help haha oops.

Yeah how rude suggesting your passengers were responsible with all the weight in the boot.....

take spacers out buddy or fit spring assister's for towing simpel to fit just slide in

Some people are not fans but it works. Stetched tyres. For me i have 9/5 or rear and should have 265/35/19 tyres,but 245/35/19 tucks under nice,not overly stretched.

Don't know about tyre stretch at all but stretching a good tyre to fit the wrong rim is got to be dodgy?

Spring assister's could be a good call, never even thought of those but will keep them in mind. Thinner tyres could be a good idea but not sure if 225 would be too much of a compromise (235 on 8.5 at the mo'). Rolled arches would be decent but will keep it as a last resort.

Current solution will be having all the weight out the back plus spare tyre out, if this doesn't work maybe smaller rear spacers because I'm not sure the calipers will go over without spacers.

I have had the same issues in the past with shock & spring setups.
I found the bump damping on shocks and springs to be quite soft, allowing a lot of suspension travel - hence rubbing going over bumps.etc

To get round this, I fitted coilovers which are stiffer with less bump damping - allowing less suspension travel.
I was actually able to lower the car abit more, without rubbing when fully laden.

225 on a 8.5 inch won't give you that much stretch I think your better off swapping for thinner spacers or fitting some spring assisters