Travelled 3 hours to look a 2.5Tdi Q B6 and.....

wesmaster

Reaction score
After travelling 3 hours on thurday afternoon to view a 2003 2.5TDI B6 Q Avant which I had seen on internet, After asking seller if there are any problems with car, response was other than the damage to 2 doors (which was visable on pics) the car is ok.
So a quick scan and this is what I found in 15 mins:
Abs wheel sensor open circuit
Airbag crash sensor fault X2!!!
Both rear doors deadlock fault
rear wiper not working
front bumper loose and 10" crack
fog light hanging out
O/S intercooler smashed
cracked windscreen (I knew beforehand)
rear bumper damaged
spare tyre blown out
Flat tyres on car
Brand new pads on really badly lipped discs front and rear.

I gave up there and went home. wasted 6 hours in car with wife and 2 kids not pleased with me!!
Still, would rather walk away than buy a dog!

That's friggin lame dude :( Feel bad for you, and the fam.

Hate when t@ssers like that try to take you for a chump and end up wasting your time and money for nothing :banghead: Still, good job that you had presence of mind to check the car out properly, like you said better that then end up lumbered with a ****. Good luck with finding your car man :thumbsup:

Thanks, just someone will buy it on ebay unknowing all the probs and pay good money for it.

Post up a link to name and shame, sounds like the poor cars been given a tough life.

I was on eBay, the listing finished before I looked at it. I'll try to find the link later and post it.

That's why I no longer travel more than 90 mins for a car, unless it's off a forum member who's got a good reputation. Hate time wasters.

Feel for ya pal !
Once went to Bournmouth from leeds to look at a MK1 golf gti Campaign model .
Asked him the obvious questions on the phone and also last 5 digits off the vin and it all sounded great .
Spent the best part of 5-6 hrs getting there and the car was a **** !
Wrong vin number digits and 1 wek left on the MOT when he said 6 months .History was virually non existent except for the few Halfrauds invoices LOL
Just pray KARMA gets to him .
PS still dont help the situation

Bought a Signum 150 cdti now. Was less than half price and very economical. With a decent remap will be 190-200 bhp anyway. Quite surprised how good it is.

That's hard

Some people expectations are different and honesty

But for the average car you got to expect it in average condition
Lucky for me the last car I sold the guy looked 10 mins didn't even drive it and paid deposit!

Current car I went from bristol to Great Yarmouth blind to buy car
Was a 12 hour round trip in total
I also found things which wasn't picked up but then its 10 years old

I had a few experiences like this when I was looking for mine, and some of them were dealers too. I don't see the point in lying as anyone with half a brain cell will just walk away.