Just a quick question

Marko

Reaction score
Does anyone know why on many sport models the lower part of the trim is black, non body colour? I've seen some sports and this is not always the case. Mine is black and I quite like it, I know many people prefer body colour. Any thoughts?

Cheers.

Didnt this change mid 2004? A friends 2003 sport has the black trim, my autumn 2004 sport has colour coded trim.. They changed the wheels from 16" to 17" at the same time I think, and also added the boot-lip spoiler as standard on the sports..

I've got a Jan 04 A4 Sport, and this has the body coloured trim. This is when they added the GMBH trim which included a new front bumper, rear spolier, side sills and 17inch alloys. The rear bumper may also be different, not sure.

Mine is a 2001 but I'm looking to get the trim sprayed. Cost will be approx £400 - £500. I'm not a big fan of it.

That's it then. Must be Audis decision to 'update' the car. Personally I don't mind the black trim. I bought the car of a mate and he had marked the some of the black sills due to them being so low, Oh and not great driving /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

NecroEire - I saw a pick of your new wheels on another thread, are they 18 or 19". Are you going to lower the suspension further? Seems you have it all mapped out. Mine is staying as a complete standard 2001 sport /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think the change was mid 2003 - I have a '53 1.9TDi Sport (130ps) - and mine has colour coded bumpers.

I don't think the change was just on the Sport models either, but i could be wrong!