Audi a4 quattro diferencial issues

MALIBU

Reaction score
Hí audi fans,

See if you can help me out, i have a audi a4 avant 2.5 quatro b6 with a diferencial problem ( i feel a clumck in the back of the car ) ,and in audi they say that is the differential support and have to take a new diferencial because the suport is sold with the diferencial all together.
Is it for real?

Thank´s folks

Rubbish, the mount is separate to the differential housing. You can buy uprated ones also. Apikol over in the states have aftermarket firmer ones.

Part #7 in this link is usually what fails. Id get it up on axle stands or a ramp and have a look to see if it is worn.

Link

Part #7 in this link is usually what fails. Id get it up on axle stands or a ramp and have a look to see if it is worn.

Link

Thank´s very much for the help, I will see if it really is that mount , well i hope so because when in 1 and 2 gear i heard in back that clumck noise, right in the middle of rear seat...

Hi Gents! I've got a problem with my A4 2.0T 2006. Somehow while the car is cold it's got a little jerk,but asa it reach the 90 running temp it's gone. Then while I'm driving the temp gauge will move to the left just a little and the jerk is back. Now I've had the car at Audi ,but they can't pin point what problem is. Some suggest its my injectors,but its an expensive exercise to change them and then the problem consist. Can anybody help?

No problem. Hopefully thats all that it is.

Gone today to audi dealer, the problem is a new torsen ( located in the gearbox...nice work ,lolll
Need a new torsen to my car, please...

Gone today to audi dealer, the problem is a new torsen ( located in the gearbox...nice work ,lolll
Need a new torsen to my car, please...

Really?! Cant believe thats the source of the problem? How much is a new torsen as I have two sitting up spare here and they are fairly easy to swap out, no need to remove the gearbox or anything.

Hi Gents! I've got a problem with my A4 2.0T 2006. Somehow while the car is cold it's got a little jerk,but asa it reach the 90 running temp it's gone. Then while I'm driving the temp gauge will move to the left just a little and the jerk is back. Now I've had the car at Audi ,but they can't pin point what problem is. Some suggest its my injectors,but its an expensive exercise to change them and then the problem consist. Can anybody help?

What do you mean by 'jerk'. Does it hesitate when you try to accelerate?

@davkav it's not like its hesitating,more like the engine is misfiring...........when I drive with low refs,one can feel it,but as soon as the refs goes more than 2500 it smooths out......then like I mentioned as soon as the car reaches its operating temp it's a dream to drive again.

how did you get on with the new torsen,did this cure your problem as I am experiencing the same symptoms and if you don't mind how expensive was it