Help running an aftermarket subwoofer with RNS-E

Tim17

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Is anyone competent at fitting an aftermarket subwoofer to the rns-e headunit? I've looked on here and on google, and as much as I try to understand what the hell they are talking about, it doesn't actually make any sense to me!

All I can gather from it is that I think i need to use a line level output.. or something like that. It is a non bose system in the car, and I have a Vibe active subwoofer that I would like to add just for that extra punch.

Is anyone able to put this very simply how to do it? Or is there anyone within an hour or so travelling distance (from Northamptonshire) that would help/do it for me for a reasonable price?

Thanks

Last edited:
You need one of these, It allows you to continue to use your existing speakers and add rca's to run an amplifier/ powered subwoofer.
Vibe Delta Box (Matrix) Car Speaker Wire To Low Level RCA Output Line Convertor | eBay
or slightly cheaper and with out the need for power supply,

SPEAKER TO RCA CONVERTER - HIGH TO LOW LINE LEVEL CABLE | eBay

Basically all you need to do as tee these in with you normal speakers either by splicing, and crimping then connect a set of rca's which will run to where ever you need. If in doubt just email the sellers.

Last edited:
Reactions: lilnizzel
Thanks Dan, that's a great find and it is Vibe also!

I've installed my sub in other cars but the headunit always had pre-outs ready to use, so this is new territory for me, but hopefully with that piece of kit it shouldn't be too difficult then? Just need to tap in to the rear speaker wires.

Last edited:
No problems, I was inquiring to do the same for mine, even with the Bose as i have extra equipment laying around doing nothing, but then i was worried because i also have a separate parrot kit installed, but both the companies i spoke to for assistance assured me they would all be compatible and i wouldn't loose any speakers etc and it wouldn't cause an increase in ohms resistance, because the line out doesn't draw a current like a speaker cable, it only requires a signal for the amplifier to produce its amplifies sound, if that makes sense..lol

You need one of these, It allows you to continue to use your existing speakers and add rca's to run an amplifier/ powered subwoofer.
Vibe Delta Box (Matrix) Car Speaker Wire To Low Level RCA Output Line Convertor | eBay
or slightly cheaper and with out the need for power supply,

SPEAKER TO RCA CONVERTER - HIGH TO LOW LINE LEVEL CABLE | eBay

Basically all you need to do as tee these in with you normal speakers either by splicing, and crimping then connect a set of rca's which will run to where ever you need. If in doubt just email the sellers.

AHH MATE YOU'RE A LIFE SAVER