B6 Avant boot release motor - part # ?

23e Heure

Reaction score
Evening all, font of all B6 knowledge :)

My boot release motor is only working intermittently.
Half the time it makes a good noise, tugs hard on the rod and opens the latch.
The rest of time it only half heartedly tugs, and the noise is a bit wimpy.

I've removed the tailgate interior trim (a "fun" job in itself).

EA836DE3-E7D7-4333-AD9A-9F6D95F0BF07.jpg

The assembly and rod move freely (had hoped something needed freeing up with wd40).

So it seems the release motor is on its way out...

Anybody able to tell me the part number please?

There is a number stamped into the boot lid itself on the inside of where the motor mech is fixed (photo below), but googling that was inconsequential.

Thanks in advance guys!

D80F3E5F-740B-484E-AC3E-351BC8B40AAB.jpg

Post 4 of the Part Numbers sticky.

8E5 962 115

Best way is take yours off and read the part number off it. Very easy to remove.

Did this on mine recently.. 20 minute job. No worries

i actually found the cheapest place to get one was from Audi themselves. Wanted £40 odd on eBay. I Paid about £10 less with Audi and it was a new part. Worth a look.

Thanks James for speedy response.
Should've read the sticky first of course.

Yes easy to remove... If you have the right size torx screwdriver ;-)

Why the torx is a different size to the one (I do have) to remove the trim from inside the tailgate is anybody's guess.

Now to see if I can get a new part delivered to me in France... Where I am on holiday with the kids... With family holiday amount of luggage to put back in the boot next Monday for the return trip..,

Get Google translate up on your phone and head to the nearest dealer!

This happened to mine a few weeks ago (handily outside of ikea.....), tried refurbing the old one but lasted all but 2 days. As said above not a bad job to do.

Mines been doing this the last two days, probably because it's been 25'C

I have the one from my Bora still attached to the bootlid that looks the same except the part that attaches to the metal rod. Did any of you take note if the white plastic piece is removable?

Cheers for that, I will have to whip them both off and compare them.

Dropping the back seat down to open the boot with the little red tab isn't a cool look :laugh:

Family day out today after spending 9-10hrs working on the car Friday/Saturday mate. I've been told my days off aren't just to work on my car :eiertritt:

Had to do it a few times today :keule:

I've pulled the bora one out ready, and the black bit just clips off. I just need to try and find an hour tomorrow to pull the Audi boot to bits.

looks the same as the Audi part. Dont open the unit up. its packed in with a metal coil that will pop out with every thing else on the floor. nightmare to put back together lol

I drilled mine filled the innards with oil and put a rubber sleeve around the actuator arm. That was 2 years ago still going strong!