Servicing

boardy1987

Reaction score
Got my car back from a service in audi and they gave me a sheet with £1200 worth of repairs to be done but works out about £500 without the labour. Im wondering could I buy the genuine parts off audi and would they stamo my book as my friend works in toyota and says that peopke does that there???

Hi only seen this there now. Im getting the tyres myself but the labour is dear mate

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1397576742976.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1397576742976.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 153
I very much doubt they will stamp your service book if they haven't done the work. Couldn't really expect them to in fairness?

The list doesn't look too bad, depends how handy you are.....

Tyres are easily sorted. Two new rear discs wouldn't cost you £200 at a parts supplier I'm sure. While you're doing that you could swap the flexi hoses and bleed the brakes - if you feel that actually needs doing?

The belts are a service item, deemed due by the dealer. Do you know if they're within their service interval?

Your number plate light is out? Read the guide on here, it will most likely cost you £50 for new lenses and the light surround as they corrode badly.

Would they check them next time round or what? In the past any car ive had always been my mate done it and never worried about the book. I wanna keep this one up to a high standard with audi so if I ever go to sell it its got the service history.

A garage won't stamp your book because you bought the parts

The service needs to be done by them for the service book to be stamped

Also if its dealer the service will be recorded in their database

I'm probably being stupid here and missing the point but I thought if you have had a service done then the book would get stamped, just the various boxes that need ticking. i.e. belts, brake fluid change, etc, would be ticked "No".

If he's had an interim or full/long-life service done wouldn't the book get stamped anyway? Brakes and tyres and stuff don't really matter, you can get them done anywhere, unless I'm totally missing something?

Not to turn this into a competition but they pulled far more than the car was worth up when mine was serviced with them and still stamped it saying "we shouldn't really be doing this", they're just a business out to make money tell them to do one and stamp it, half the stuff they call is probably very petty anyway, they pulled mine up for having "the wrong tyres, aftermarket Audi replica alloys" etc haha twats.

Not to turn this into a competition but they pulled far more than the car was worth up when mine was serviced with them and still stamped it saying "we shouldn't really be doing this", they're just a business out to make money tell them to do one and stamp it, half the stuff they call is probably very petty anyway, they pulled mine up for having "the wrong tyres, aftermarket Audi replica alloys" etc haha twats.

No way... So you're saying if you don't have everything done perfectly and as per their recommendations they're not obliged to stamp your book after carrying out a service? Can't say I've ever heard of any of that shenananananagans. Mind you, I've never taken my car to main dealer for service. (Will be doing next week though...eek!).

Cheers for ur input guys. It cost me £329 for an oil, fuel and pollin filter change. I thought they would of done a bit more but that was mostly labour. so im just goanna get it done by my mate. And take it to them next time it needs a service and deal with it then. Il let yas know how it goes. Cheers again folks greatly appreciated