getting an A4... some info please?!

ultramodz

06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE
Reaction score
Website
www.mattstevens.co.uk
hey,

i've been on the A3 forum section for some time but now i've decided to swap my A3 in for an A4...

i test-drove a 1.8 T and a 2.0 FSi and for me, the 2.0 will be better - especially with the FSi's apparently good fuel economy.

also, the insurance is a bit more reasonable.

anyway... i've got a dealer searching for the right car for me... the 2.0 FSi i drove was Ming Blue, and i want dolphin grey, atlas silver or denim blue, really (in order of pref).

so... my questions:

1. is it possible to retrofit electric rear windows? seems poor they weren't standard.

2. does anybody make a replica GMBH kit? or is it a case of getting it through the dealership?

3. i'm not sure what the difference is between the Sport and SE models... does anyone know of an online copy of the original Audi brochure for the B6?

cheers all.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Good choice old bean, you will love the A4! I have got the 1.8T Sport and listed are the differences between the SE and Sport... I think.

Lower suspension
Sport seats
Electric lumber
"Sport" on the log book

I cannot think of anything else???

I also looked in to the rear windows. I cannot remember the cost but it wasn't worth it in the end. It is a pain in the butt not having rear windows. Make sure you also get heated mirrors!!! Both should have been fitted as standared on a car like this.

Not sure the GMBH body kit

PS. The lights are crap, change the bulbs to the Xenon typre and test the horn. It could sound like a gazoo!!!

PPS. Enjoy it!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

Plus a 3 yes three spoke steering wheel!! also the sport came with the std radio/cassette rather than the Se's Cd player., oh yes and no DIS on the sport, you do still get miles til empty and outside temp.

have a look at the comments on here re the FSi engine, some have been less than favourable, i plumped for a 130bhp TDi and have been well pleased. (in denim blue, quite rare compared to the greys)
Happy hunting
Chas

ok cool... cheers guys.

i can't find any info RE the FSi, chazzy. any links?

i started up the TDi but i just don't like the sound, so i refuse to get one! hehe

it seems odd my '99 A3 SE has heated mirrors, self-dimming rear view, light pack, air-con & all the extra stuff as standard & yet the A4 doesn't?!

oh well... i've got them on the case to source me a car & i've said what i want... also asked for the chrome window trim coz i really like it.

hopefully they'll get back to me fairly soon with the car i REALLY want & then i can be a happy A4 owner /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

There were quite a few probs with the fsi engines early on burning out also, not running in stratified mode..
I had an a3 2.0fsi for a couple of months and whilst it was quite quick the fuel consumption was awful Turned out that 2 lambda sensors had gone in the engine..

Pretty sure the 2.0fsi is ok now though...

ah ok... what is it with Audi & lambda sensors?! part of the reason i'm swapping over is due to my A3 needing work to solve an erratic idle issue.

anyway... thanks for the info. i will be getting a warranty with the car, so if anything did play up, i'd be straight in to get it sorted...

might just stick to the regular 2.0 engine.

I sold my A3 1.6 for an A4 TDi 130bhp and to be honest it's only noisy while idle. When I'm driving at any speed really there is no noise at all. I'm very pleased with the TDI especially the torque and economy.

As far as diesel goes, 'll never go back. I'm totally turned to the dark side.

Previously ran an A3 1.8T which was great, but doing very high mileage it was a bit busy. Much happier with the A4 TDi, dont be put of by the idling noise, of the diesel, once your up and running you wouldn't know. Torque of the 130 quite something pulling from low revs, can only imagine what its like chipped. What ever lump you go for your gonna be happy with the 4. Also loose the cruise with the sport over the SE.