Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Funkyfin2000
  • 1 Post By Icarus83

Thread: 1.9 tdi quattro sport tyres

1st Gear

Status

1.9 tdi quattro sport tyres

Good evening
    I need a set of four tyres for my car as the shop wouldn't perform the tracking until I get rid of my racing slicks!
    If I hunt around there are a few to choose from, any recommendations?

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Depends on your budget really mate. Personally I swear by Michelins, I'm sure other people will have different opinions on what works for them. Pilot sport 3's are a nice tyre. Great handling in the dry, decent-ish in the wet, last a good 20k+ depending on how you drive and offer rim protection too I believe. Road noise becomes a little more noticeable on the higher end of the 'worn' scale but I suppose that could be said for a most tyres.

Need to get a new set of 19" tyres for wifeys but I can't really afford premium tyres at that size, at least not at the moment anyway, however happened across the Uniroyal Rainsport 3's which were a palatable £105 per corner, obviously they're great in the wet (which is about 90% of the time in this blessed country!) and the reviews for them are generally quite favourable. Think I'll end up going for those when I put the wheels back on.

Like I said it depends on your budget really and truly.

2nd Gear

Status
    I've got rain sport 3's on and they seem very good.

Get them from camskill.co.uk
    TheDriver likes this.
    Audi Avant A4 54 1.9Tdi Quattro & Leon Cupra R 2005 1.8T remapped to 275bhp

1st Gear

Status
    I got some slightly stretched 225/40/18 Michelins pilot sport 3's on my A5 rims, very impressed so far. Rim protection is excellent both inside and outside rim edges.

Another fantastic tyre in my opinion is the Verdistein Sessantas Ultrac Sport, extremely good in the wet, they drive like its practically dry. Camskill do them at a good price too!
    TheDriver likes this.
    Audi B6 '04 A4 1.9TDi 130 Quattro Sport Avant

GmbH sport kit, rear parking sensors, centre armrest, cooler glove box, Symphony II (6 disc changer) with Dension Gateway BT Lite, 6k HID kit in new DEPO replacement front headlight clusters, LED rear-number-plate replacement lights,

REVO Stage 1 remap to 170bhp/280lbft, full Meyle HD front kit, new OEM dampers and top-mounts all round, S4 B6 brakes and braided lines front and rear, A5 Speedline 18" 8.5j ET29 alloys in Anthracite for summer.

God Mode

Status
    Michelin Pilot Super Sport... when money comes my way

6th Gear

Status
    Another one for Michelin's both my A4 & A6 have PS3 on them and handle very well.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselJake View Post

Indeed, I've never had the dough to splash out on a set of them but reckon they'll be an awesome tyre!

God Mode

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by B5NUT View Post
    Another one for Michelin's both my A4 & A6 have PS3 on them and handle very well.

Can't drive two cars at once though so I'll have the other set please

Neutral

Status
    Three tyres I can recommend.Uniroyal Rainsport 2, Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta and Continental ContiSportContact5. The Conti's seem to wear fairly quick despite being on the rear but hold the road very well. Uniroyal up front are still going after about a year and a half of daily commuting although the nearside is a bit bald on the outside edge. Got the Ultracs on my MR2 but have no complaints about them. They grip well and still have plenty of tread after about the same term that the Uniroyals have been fitted to my A4.

3rd Gear

Status
    Falken FK 453's on mine, can't fault them……..
    03MY 52 reg 1.9 TDi 130PS Quattro Sport Avant - 170bhp remap, RNS-E+OEM bluetooth, B7 wiper arms/blades, 4300K HID+nightbreakers/LED sidelights, rear tints, new lights all round, new front/rear screens, frt armrest, s-line kit, cruise/DIS, B7 gearknob/aluminium trims, parking sensors, black grilles, RS4 RARB, S4 front end, black 18" RS6 alloys

Still waiting..... S4 rear bumper, exhaust tips, coilovers, leather recaro's.... phew...

1st Gear

Status
    Evening! Thanks for all of the replies, surprised to hear that about the Continental tyres, but being sports they might be a softer compound to enable better grip? I was considering Goodyear Eagle F1 something or goers for a while but seeing as Nexen N8000's were so good on my previous car I may go with them. Anyone had any experience with those ones?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcalvin View Post
    Falken FK 453's on mine, can't fault them……..
    I'm with this guy. For the price. They're brilliant.
    Atlas Grey A4 2.5 TDI Quattro Sport.
    Mods so far: Cruise control, DIS, Heated Mirrors, Tuning box, Xenonx, Centre Arm Rest, MFSW, RNS-E, SDS and Aero Wipers.
    To do: None yet.
    Next: Auto dip rearview mirror and Folding Mirrors.

1st Gear

Status
    Juniper Green, Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

1.9 tdi quattro sport tyres

I've got nexan n6000's on my 2.5q with no probs. decent wear and £96 each when I bought them. 235/40/18. Saying that the falkens get a good right up.

Neutral

Status
    Dunlop Fast Response tyres on my 2.5TDI quattro (B5), great low road noise, excellent grip, good for 20k and a life saver in the wet. Only down side is poor in the snow, but you can't have it all.
    Is that with or without VAT?

2001 B5 A4 2.5 TDI Avant quattro sport (155k)
    2003 A2 1.4 TDI SE (125k)
    1995 80 TDI SE Avant (175k) sold

1st Gear

Status
    Finally decided the time is neigh to actually order tyres and my favourite fitter says Nexen N8000's are out of stock! So the next recommendation was Falken 453's, seeing as few have mentioned them here I'll give them a go.
    I think I've spent a bit too long procrastinating on what to get, am getting the tracking done at the same time so as long as they are safe and last a while I am happy. They will almost definitely sound quieter as I'm riding on F1 style slicks at the moment.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MooLard View Post
    Finally decided the time is neigh to actually order tyres and my favourite fitter says Nexen N8000's are out of stock! So the next recommendation was Falken 453's, seeing as few have mentioned them here I'll give them a go.
    I think I've spent a bit too long procrastinating on what to get, am getting the tracking done at the same time so as long as they are safe and last a while I am happy. They will almost definitely sound quieter as I'm riding on F1 style slicks at the moment.

You won't go far wrong with the Falken's. They're a good tyre and anyone who has tried them generally rate them highly.

just to mess you up, the Goodyear Eagle F1 Assy2 are a pretty decent tyre aswell (good wet/dry weather performance) in the same price range as the Falken's

2nd Gear

Status
    Last tyres I bought were for my old car. I bought uniroyal rainsport 2's which I believe have been superceeded by the 3's and I couldn't fault them. Got them off of camskill.
    Akoya B6 A4 Avant 1.9TDi 130: 18" Audi Caressa Alloys with new centre caps, Debadged rear, Carbon vinyl front grills & gear surround, ice white sidelight/dipped beam & number plate bulbs, EGR clean & smaller gasket.
    To be fitted: B5 spring perches, Front 312mm upgrade, New CTS & Stat
    Wish List: BV43, FMIC, Organic clutch & remap!

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah, last time I checked a few weeks ago the Uniroyal RS3's were £105 per corner (235/35/19) but have since shot up in price everywhere. I was lining myself up for a set of them

#wounded

EDIT: Actually, I lie. They're back to £102.26 on camskill!

#needtopullmyfingerout

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow ruffrida On Twitter Visit ruffrida's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselJake View Post
    You got a winning loto ticket there jake lol
    B6 1.9tdi Quattro Avant Sport:
    My Build Thread = http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-a4-c...so-begins.html

Coming soon: -35mm Springs, Colour coded FOG grills, Trip stalk upgrade.
    Wish List; FMIC, BV43 turbo, Bigger Remap, Fat Clutch,Full Stainless, S4 Brakes, 5m mspacers - front, 10mm spacers rear, MFSW.

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    ive had pirelli pzero, yokohama advan sports and now im on avon zz5. pirelli where the best for grip closely followed by the yoko,s. As for the avons i cant fault them, listed as a summer tyre v low road noise with good grip wet or dry and where only £109 each delivered and thats 235 35 19. Good write ups on them everywhere i looked. The yokos lacked a rim protector which is a downer for the alloys
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade