Grill Options, Choices, Ideas?

ruffrida

Reaction score
Morning Ya'll,

Sorry this may have been covered before but cant seem to find anything.

I was going to keep my grills OEM but after a nice large stone decided to go through my lower grill, i might just fancy a change, so whats everyone done, and please provide pics to show of ya lovley work, this is what i am starting with, the blue arrow shows the hole lol;

Hard to beat the S4 option in my opinion. The top grille is a straight swap, they fetch good money but occasionally people ebay them not knowing what they are. I matched mine to an S4 lower too, you'lll need to cut the S4 inner into your existing lower surround (unless you're planning a valance swap too).

Reactions: MILF and ruffrida
I love the S4 grilles, much more chunky and aggressive. Does anyone know if the S4 lower grille will go into the s-line bumper? I don't mind a bit of modification to get it to fit, but if it's a completely different shape that's a deal breaker.

I've yet to hear a definitive answer on that one, I understand it's very close.

'Close' could be worth the risk I suppose. I'm sure I wouldn't have any issues selling one on again if it didn't work. I'll get my breaker on the case and report back.

S4 upper grille is on it's way to me already so photos of that in the next few days, shortly followed by de-chrome respray and then more photos :)

'Close' could be worth the risk I suppose. I'm sure I wouldn't have any issues selling one on again if it didn't work. I'll get my breaker on the case and report back.

S4 upper grille is on it's way to me already so photos of that in the next few days, shortly followed by de-chrome respray and then more photos :)

****** ell thats one good breaker, talk about on the ball lol.

The S4 has got to be the best looking grill but also the most popular, getting like a saxo, "everyone has got one" lol

Anyone else got any ideas or thoughts

WP 20140320 002

I went for the DIY look with some pre-painted honey comb wire mesh. Cost about £20 in total.

As said before S4 grills or you could use a mesh of some sort as said above. Have seen a A4 b7 around here with the grille removed and just the surround left in place in both bonnet and bumper.

Votex genuine front grill- best combination in my opinion !

I was having a long look at mine last night (sat on the kerb, brew in hand, happy at the sight of me clean & shiney Avant-just washed her,lol) when i had a mad idea about removing it all completely, but with out an FMIC i think this would look a little daft, i do like the DIY (well some versions) look, adds that certain unique to ya car

I've got a Votex one to go on mine. Will match my Votex kit nicely. Dunno why Audi put a crappy standard grille on mine when it came with the Votex kit.

Reactions: ruffrida