Where do you put your phone?

View attachment 31175

Both phone and sat nav are mounted on flat discs which are bonded to the dash. I can't stand seeing mounts suckered onto the windscreen..... awful. I use sat nav most days so tend to leave mounts in place but obviously I can remove them and then just left with two discreet discs.

On a practical and safety point I think it is better to have these items more in your natural eye line rather than down by the ashtray area.

What are they stuck to the dash with??????

Put mine in the coin tray. It's sits in an iphone dock with the corner trine so it faces me slightly more. I've drilled a hole in the back of the drawer and trimmed the back of the outer casing of the drawer for free movement. It's plugged into and aftermarket head unit

I have a Samsung S4 and basically if you take the ashtray out and have the ashtray flap open the phone will sit neatly inside where the ashtray would go and the top half leans on the flap. I find this useful for Satnav etc so basically your phone would be at about a 35 degree angle and from the drivers viewpoint you can easily glance at the screen.

Funny this has been dug up today

I fitted a kenu airframe

Neat little thing
Had it in the middle vent and took a call on it with speaker phone
Also nice being able to turn so can have sat nav on iPhone in landscape view

Will get pics up at weekend

Will see how it holds up

There some movement to the fixings when I insert and take phone off as expected but hope it doesn't get too loose
For that I've kept the receipt just in case

Had mine from local currys PC world £20

I bought one of these:

Kenu Airframe Portable Car Mount and Stand for Smartphones

I hate big bulky mounts, and the attraction of this is that when the phone isn't in it it still looks ok. Unless I'm on a longer journey the phone stays in my pocket or I just put it behind the gearstick in front of the ashtray (the A6 is slightly different). It was quite expensive, but it holds the phone firmly and you can still operate the keys to dial etc without it being "hand held". Link has a picture of it mounted, obviously used the phone to take the below picture...

Just ordered an airframe, looking forward to getting it.

Also ordered one of these: -

Belkin CarAudio Connect FM Bluetooth: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Just reminded me I said I would get some pics

Will do after rugrat asleep

Mines with an iphone 5 and just about loud enough on speaker phone for a call ;)