Dust shields/splash guards S4 on an A4

Wahlstrom

Reaction score
Hi
Im about to fit my S4 brakes front and rear on my B6 A4 TDI FWD..
Regarding the shield covering the discs, anyone in here fitted the S4 on their A4?
The rear needs a mod, or so Ive read.. But what about the front?
Anyone fitted them, perhaps pictures??

Regards

I'm doing the same upgrade at the weekend, after consulting several knowledgeable car modding friends they reckon running without them should be fine, so I don't intend fitting them. Tbh if you do want to run some, I'd order some from Audi etc for an S4.

Ok.. Perhaps the fronts are sufficient.. They exceed the current discs with an inch or so..
They will maybe just cover the new 345mm discs..
The rear (S4 on A4)needs a new fitting hole and some shims behind to align it with rear disc..
Think Ill start with only rear S4 dust shield and keep the standard A4 in the front..

Ah, if that's the case I might try to keep them. I didn't think they would fit at all, even modified. I'm assuming washers/small metal spacers and longer machine screws/bolts at the rear would be sufficient to clear the extra width.

Obviously if they fit I'd want to keep rather than fit without.

When are you fitting your setup? Mine will be at the weekend as well as new front control arms, so will report back then!

Ok.. Im doing it first thing beginning of next month..
Perhaps Ill do either front or rear soon..

Reactions: Icarus83
Just bought some used rear shields from eBay..
~£30 incl shipping.. For both
One step closer

The S4 splashguard needed some modding, but it was quite obvious when I got the original off.. Only one hole matches..
I straitened a bended area, so a hole could be drilled..
I used the one matching hole for reference, laid the original on top of the S4 and then used a 6,5mm drill to keep it in place while drilling the first hole..
Then used two drills to keep it in place when I made the third and final hole..
The middle hole needed spacers, think I used about 5 washers..
All in line and I think I hit it spot on 👍

(Picture from another thread :) )
View attachment 31848

Looking forward to do the fronts..
Having a bit of a first-press soft pedal, but from what I've read it just needs to be bled again.. Air in the lines..
Brakes fine though..

Just bought some used rear shields from eBay..
~£30 incl shipping.. For both
One step closer

Part number? :)

The garage doing my car said the original ones dont fit as we discussed so I asked for them to be removed and I'll either mod them or get some proper S4 ones if I can get some at a good price.

Apparently the carrier bolts to the rear hubs were so corroded on they had to heat/destroy them to remove and order 4 more new ones. Thank goodness I didn't attempt it myself......!!!!

Will get myself some OEM fronts if I'm not happy with the 288mm disc ones.

Don't know the part number but can get it..
I have just ordered new S4 front shields at Audi Germany(Flensburg)
They are 20€ each..

The rears needed a bit of modding but once you compare the two shields it's easy to see where and how.. At least for me it was..

Last edited:
Reactions: Icarus83
That would be great thanks!

Did you keep your original fronts in place? Fit and clearance ok?

The garage doing the work on my car didn't mention them so I assume they fit ok, but possibly not covering the full disc.....?

Also they didn't seem to have a problem with the handbrake cables on mine when I'd asked......mine is a '04 plate quattro with the 245mm solid rears as standard, so not sure if there the same? Is yours FWD without fully independent suspension at the rear?

My bolts were also very hard to remove.. But with some freeze/penetrating oil and muscle I managed to get them loose..
Refitted with anti-seize as they need to be removed when changing the discs..

No, I've figured the handbrake problem.. It was the bracket underneath the arm.. Removed it to give slack
I ran the solid 245mm before..

Haven't fitted the fronts yet..
Front S4 shields should fit straight on

Just ordered parts yesterday..
Fitting Ate coated discs with Ate pads. Fine quality..