EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

2.5 tdi Help to identify part

Whilst looking over the engine bay today I noticed this valve on the inlet manifold where it joins to the pipe from the intercooler, the vac line has been disconnected (or not reconnected ?) and I was wondering what it was and what effect it's having if any
    Many thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    It's the intake manifold anti shudder valve, it stops the engine from restarting when you turn it off with the key by chocking it...i have removed mine altoghether... Look for a vacuum pipe from a small valve under the coolant tank...
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for that, does it really serve any purpose then ?
    I found the vac line and connected it back up and it's only maybe made a slight diffence to the way the engine stops. Any advantage in removing it, and if so how did you do it ?
    You seem pretty knowledgeable on the 2.5 tdi reading past threads, any chance of some advice with my egr problem as per my other thread if you get the chance ?
    Many thanks

6th Gear

Status
    I have removed the flap altogether and used a tap and bolt to block the hole where the rod used to live. It did make a little difference to the way the car boosts and accelerates, i have also ported the intake to get rid the EGR port and used blanking plates to remove the EGR valve as well. The EGR is dialed out in the map on my car so no fault codes whatsoever....
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

Neutral

Status
    That's great thanks, mine will throw a fault though, I tried just plugging the egr vac line as an experiment and the light came on after a mile or two. I might try and reduce the egr duty right down on VCDS to see if it makes a difference first