2.5 tdi Help to identify part

quattrodave

Reaction score
Whilst looking over the engine bay today I noticed this valve on the inlet manifold where it joins to the pipe from the intercooler, the vac line has been disconnected (or not reconnected ?) and I was wondering what it was and what effect it's having if any
Many thanks

It's the intake manifold anti shudder valve, it stops the engine from restarting when you turn it off with the key by chocking it...i have removed mine altoghether... Look for a vacuum pipe from a small valve under the coolant tank...

Thanks for that, does it really serve any purpose then ?
I found the vac line and connected it back up and it's only maybe made a slight diffence to the way the engine stops. Any advantage in removing it, and if so how did you do it ?
You seem pretty knowledgeable on the 2.5 tdi reading past threads, any chance of some advice with my egr problem as per my other thread if you get the chance ?
Many thanks

I have removed the flap altogether and used a tap and bolt to block the hole where the rod used to live. It did make a little difference to the way the car boosts and accelerates, i have also ported the intake to get rid the EGR port and used blanking plates to remove the EGR valve as well. The EGR is dialed out in the map on my car so no fault codes whatsoever....

That's great thanks, mine will throw a fault though, I tried just plugging the egr vac line as an experiment and the light came on after a mile or two. I might try and reduce the egr duty right down on VCDS to see if it makes a difference first