RS4 22mm Rear Anti Roll Bar Fitted!!

• Thread starter imported_bubstar
  • Start date
Well, my new 22mm RS4 ARB arrived last week.....will get it fitted very soon.......crawled under the back of my 2003 A4 Avant 2.5 TDi Quattro Sport....wow the stock arb looks very thin compared.
BTW folks....the exact price for all the bits from Vagparts is £80.......unless you are fortunant enough to "be in the trade"

Well, I have now had the 22mm B7 RS4 ARB fitted.....and its had a real nice effect on the handling of my A4 Avant 2.5 TDi Q sport In fact I can only repeat what Mr Imported Bubstar had to say :

The first thing I noticed (as has been said before) is the way the steering feels more direct and precise. The front tracks better and when pushed, holds a tighter line (less understeer).There's certainly less body roll from the rear, making for a much more ‘planted’ feel overall.

Significantly less roll on motorway exits esp M6 J28 southbound. A great cost effective mod. Has had no affect on the suspension set up of the sport, just lessened body roll. V pleased (and by the wy the 22mm ARB IS the way to go)

Dan b - yes I agree with you entirely....this is how the car should of left the factory..
It took the blokes around my local garage 30 mins to fit........no more mods to suspension though....

I still feel that its not up to the handling of my old BMW E36 328i Sport in the dry, but my A4 Q Sport Avant is still much better looking car than any BMW "touring" model currently on offer...and the Audi is so much more pratical and economical than the old BMW ...oh yes forgot ....the Audi is shedloads better/safer in the wet....the old BMW was far too tail happy...

Hi arthurfuxake.....just checked its 18mm

Take it from me that extra 4mm makes a nice difference...

I would just like to bring this thread up again.
I just done mine and I found the the brackets (stock) are too small for the bigger bushs and can lead you in danger of threading your bolts.
I ordered the proper RS4 mounts for the RARB and they are a much better fit and make the job so much easier.
These are £5.22 from Audi so hardly alot of money.
If you compare both brackets there is quite a difference in size.
Before I did this Audi told me I would need new brackets Vagparts told me I never.
Who's right I am not sure, but the RS4 brackets are meant to go with the bigger bushe's, they fit inside much better.
Apart from that, really happy with the handling now, mind you my bar was knackered anyway.

I had my A4 Avant 2.5 TDi Q Sport done quite a while ago.....don't know why Audi did not do this yonks ago and make it standard on the "sport" models anyways...

just ordered mine after reading this thread. Hope to fit them next week

I would just like to bring this thread up again.
I just done mine and I found the the brackets (stock) are too small for the bigger bushs and can lead you in danger of threading your bolts.
I ordered the proper RS4 mounts for the RARB and they are a much better fit and make the job so much easier.
These are £5.22 from Audi so hardly alot of money.
If you compare both brackets there is quite a difference in size.
Before I did this Audi told me I would need new brackets Vagparts told me I never.
Who's right I am not sure, but the RS4 brackets are meant to go with the bigger bushe's, they fit inside much better.
Apart from that, really happy with the handling now, mind you my bar was knackered anyway.

I think the bushes are different now, so you will need brackets too.

I didn't when I fitted my 'bar.

BUB :beerchug:

hi, i have an a4 b6 sport, would i just need to order the bar and bushes?
cheers

Hi, just wondering if the back end breaks away easier on only the quattro models or if this is also likely/possible to happen on the FWD cars too?
Thanks and looking to do this mod very soon, can't wait!

I think the bushes are different now, so you will need brackets too.

I didn't when I fitted my 'bar.

BUB :beerchug:

i have recieved the arb but as said b4 vagparts said i would just require the bushes is that correct for a 2003 1.9 tdi se???

I know this is an old thread, and most will probably have seen it before / on other forums and probably already done the mod - but if not, you may want to take a look.

I've finally got around to fitting the B7 RS4 Rear ARB to my B6 A4 1.9 TDI Avant which is FWD. Wow, what a transformation. Dramitally reduced understeer so it's now pretty neutral. Body roll is pratically eliminated.

As said before, it now seems like an estate go-kart :). Honestly can't believe what a massive difference it's made to the handling. Only problem is it just begs to be driven harder. :jump:

Oh and no increase to insurance premium, which was nice too.

cheers mate, that puts me in the mind for keeping my barge and fitting it out with one of them. The sport is stiff but it still understeers in a bend cos its such a fat porker!

Now......If I could just get 2nd gear to shift smoothly too...

Evil - you won't be disappointed mate - the great understeer will be a thing of the past!