Parking sensors intermittently working

Kyle.

Reaction score
My parking sensors have decided to start playing up, sometimes they work fine then all off a sudden they stop. It can be a case of working then turning them off, turn them back on and wont work, or just outright wont work.

Is there anyway to test to see if ones at fault? If i unplug one will that stop them all working? Any ideas what i can do??!

My parking sensors have decided to start playing up, sometimes they work fine then all off a sudden they stop. It can be a case of working then turning them off, turn them back on and wont work, or just outright wont work.

The Is there anyway to test to see if ones at fault? If i unplug one will that stop them all working? Any ideas what i can do??!

Learn to park.

if you have access to vcds its possible to check individual sensors and find out which is causing the problem

No need for VCDS to check them.

Turn on ignition, place car into reverse. Put your ear next to each sensor in turn and you will hear a clicking noise. The one not making a noise is faulty!

If it's intermittent, sometimes, a pressure washer blasting around the sensor sometime seems to resolve the fault. If not, your sensor is failing which they are known for doing eventually.