Power Steering Pump

jdw88rm

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Took my A4 B6 into dealer today to get looked at ref 12 year corrosion warranty and when he drove it round the back he said he could feel juddering and said it'll be my power steering pump!?
I know theres a judder when I turn but didn't know what it was exactly. Does anyone know if this is a big/expensive job?
I'm starting to worry a tad as he made out it was urgent and was pricey to get fixed.

Cheers!

Last edited:
new part around £70-100 from what i can gather anyway, the actual removal and refitting shouldnt be too difficult garage shouldnt charge more than 2-3 hours max labour plus cost of fluid

Cool. Thanks mate. Salesman at Audi was saying it'll cost near enough £1000

I refuse to pay dealer labour rates, if its a job i cant do myself or cant be bothered too, i have a few indys that i trust and they always look after me, theres a parts supplier on ebay that ive always had great quality stuff from called ATP theyre based in germany but the postage is always quick, they list the pump for few pence short of £70

Yeh I'd never pay their rates but he only mentioned it when he drove it round the back to do a paint test. I'm not going to buy anything just yet incase it turns out NOT to be the PAS pump. Will wait on my mate to have a look.
Cheers lads, appreciate your replies.

Where are you based? I'm sure someone could help?
I did the one on my 2.5tdi a couple of years back. Bit fiddly. But easy enough.

I recently had similar problems on a 1.9 tdi. Turned out to be the clutch pulley on the alternator. Part was around £30 and took about
30 mins to change.

Ah ok. Like I said I'll get it all looked at before I buy any parts. Thanks matey!