Hi All,

I've had my a4 1.9 TDi 2003 for a fortnight now and as soon as I got it, I replaced the cambelt, cambelt tensioner, idler pulley, water pump and auxiliary belt. I followed the SKF video to the letter and the job went very well. I also carried out an engine service. All the pulleys driven by the auxiliary belt were checked and they all ran smoothly with only a small amount of play.

However, I recently noticed that when the engine is ticking over and I turn the steering wheel in either direction, there is a dull drumming noise coming from the engine compartment and there is a slight vibration coming through the steering wheel. The car idles and runs perfectly and I believe it achieves roughly the same mpg as it did before the cambelt change. I didn't own the car long enough to realise if these issues were present before I changed the parts mentioned earlier.

I did various searches and I found that this can be caused by an incorrect torsion value...which is something I have not checked yet. Could this be the problem? Or is it something more sinister?

As usual, any help appreciated.