Quick help required a4 tdi quattro ESP fault

S3 GAZ

Reaction score
Hi had esp waring light come on dash on my 2004 1.9 tdi quattro sport.

Quick scan with vcds reveals

01423 - Lateral Acceleration Sensor (G200)
27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

Can anyone tell me the location of this so I can have a gander at it and check connection and wiring. A bit of research tells me they are prone to failure and ain't cheap new but can't find where it is on the b6 a4

Any help much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Anyone? I got a day off tomorrow and hoping to have a look at this?

Any help guys much appreciated

Last edited:
No yet but not had it on a decent run. Wife was driving it when it came on and she said she hit a fair size bump in the road and then the amber triangle came on

Check your break fluid is filled right up as the sensor for it is real sensitive

The amber warning stayed on till ignition was cut though and disappeared once restarted. Using the car on a run today will hope it doesn't return

Fingers crossed it's ok. If it's not. Give me a shout. I have a brand new one.

was prob the shock that triggered the sensor to appear also might be worth check the abs sensors in case some crud got on them well worth a wipe over ever now and again

If she hit a bump and the car took a big shock that will be what caused the fault to be raised. If you hadn't of hit the bump before then I might start worrying.
The sensor would have produced a very large instantaneous reading that the module would have interpreted as a fault with the sensor.

Karl.

If she hit a bump and the car took a big shock that will be what caused the fault to be raised. If you hadn't of hit the bump before then I might start worrying.
The sensor would have produced a very large instantaneous reading that the module would have interpreted as a fault with the sensor.

Karl.

Sounds logical karl

Ouch! Why did u not use it?

Been driving all day and lights not came on thankfully. Hopefully just been one of those gremlins
Because.... When I test drove the car before I bought it. The ESP light was stuck on. So I said fix that before I buy it. Went to buy it and it was fixed. But I couldn't disable the ESP. So I took the dash apart and found that the light had been covered with black mastic. So I took it off and guess what!! The light was on.
Kicked off at the garage I bought it off, they offered to find out what was wrong. I said I didn't trust them, I'd do it and they could pay. Found it was that sensor. Rang Audi. They knew the car personally. They said the original may be playing up and it's disconnected. Took the dash apart. Found it unplugged. Plugged it back in, light went off. Car drove fine. Rang the garage back. Told them it was faulty. They bought me a brand new one. I've had it here as a spare ever since.

Moral of the story is. Trust no one.

Reactions: AlexGSi2000
Because.... When I test drove the car before I bought it. The ESP light was stuck on. So I said fix that before I buy it. Went to buy it and it was fixed. But I couldn't disable the ESP. So I took the dash apart and found that the light had been covered with black mastic. So I took it off and guess what!! The light was on.
Kicked off at the garage I bought it off, they offered to find out what was wrong. I said I didn't trust them, I'd do it and they could pay. Found it was that sensor. Rang Audi. They knew the car personally. They said the original may be playing up and it's disconnected. Took the dash apart. Found it unplugged. Plugged it back in, light went off. Car drove fine. Rang the garage back. Told them it was faulty. They bought me a brand new one. I've had it here as a spare ever since.

Moral of the story is. Trust no one.

Jees that's really dodgy especially with a integral safety mechanism like esp. Some right cowboys in the motor trade. Just as well u have your wits about you