What have you done to your A4 b6 today?

Anyone know how to get the badges off for spraying? i.e do they lever off or are they stuck on?

changed injector seals and pintels lets hope no more wheeping and gunk

spent 2 hours trying to get my rear wash wipe motor working got it working for it to stop again so now on the look for another motor pt no: 8e9 955 711 dont suppose any one has removed theres for the smooth look and has one kicking about ??

Started the b5 perch fit......got to the point of the strut all removed then tried to undo the top nut and failed miserably......had to put everything back together and need an appropriate 18mm socket/deep spanner as my method failed.

Did also manage to clean the calipers and copper grease the pads......and just finished washing and waxing him too

Same happened to me a week ago, plus on round two of doing the task I snapped not one but two Allen keys!!

Which carriers u use?
Wish id gone bigger on back rear is silly small
R they the drilled n groved?

Which carriers u use?

320mm brakes will be enough for 300Bhp and i think they are overkill on cars under 1700Kg... I had the same on my project- stock rear discs and pads and 320mm fronts and i could stop on a dime... heavy 1750Kg estate with 4 wd and 303 Bhp...

Little overkill but to be fair they're from a car with similar stats.

Which carriers u use?

2.0T special edition carriers, could of swapped for S4 but couldn't justify the huge price difference between carriers and discs for an extra 20mm.

Drilled and groved.

s4 upright is different and the mounting lugs are spaced differently than on normal a4, carrier and caliper is almost the same, some difference in the cast iron mounting between a4 and a6 but nowt else... The discs are 25mm larger though...

WP 20140420 002

Fed up with electric shocks. It's worked so far, apparently it could improve radio reception?!

Reactions: DieselJake
Removed my rear audi rings as a test, so far I'm still happy lol
Might black them and put them back on

Also prepping my new front GmbH bumper for paint

Removed my rear audi rings as a test, so far I'm still happy lol
Might black them and put them back on

Also prepping my new front GmbH bumper for paint

did they come off easy as i need to get mine off to i can remove the little bits of crud/moss that keeps building up are they just stuck on??

Apply hair dryer heat temperature for about 1 minute then using a plastic spreader tease your way through the double sided.

Boil the kettle mate, leave for a minute or two.
Them pour over the badge about 200ml
Use a credit card or similar then push behind.

Then keep pouring a little water then push the card more about half an inch at a time.

The boiling hot water is fine after a minute or two.

You will need g3 or a heavy compound to remove excess glue from the paint also a scraper

cleaned polished and waxed car today, alloys are top of list for tomorrow, sorry about pic quality taken on phone

IMG 20140420 190630976 HDR
IMG 20140420 190751067
IMG 20140420 181305759 HDR

Reactions: Icarus83
Claybar & full Colour Magic polish of the A4 Cabriolet.

Never done the clay bar thing before and could not believe the amount of dirt it removed from the paint. Afterwards the polish went on a treat and the paint is now like silk.

Would've taken some pics but by the time I was finished it was pretty dark.

Dead chuffed :D

J:)

s4 upright is different and the mounting lugs are spaced differently than on normal a4, carrier and caliper is almost the same, some difference in the cast iron mounting between a4 and a6 but nowt else... The discs are 25mm larger though...

So what is required to fit the S4 caliper carrier to the A4 upright on the front ? Thanks.

So what is required to fit the S4 caliper carrier to the A4 upright on the front ? Thanks.

Caliper will bolt up fine, however you will have to use the 320mm disc as the 345mm s4 disc would not fit. The mounting lugs are spaced further apart on s4 uprights hence why they accomodate the larger disc. Everything else is almost the same, difference is that some calipers have a flat face and some are more dished... You need to compare them side by side...

Caliper will bolt up fine, however you will have to use the 320mm disc as the 345mm s4 disc would not fit. The mounting lugs are spaced further apart on s4 uprights hence why they accomodate the larger disc. Everything else is almost the same, difference is that some calipers have a flat face and some are more dished... You need to compare them side by side...

Ah ok, thankyou Adams24, I was hoping to fit the 345 mm disc as I thought others had fitted it before.
Am I right in you saying that the mounting lugs on the S4 strut are further away from the hub in turn mounting the caliper further out ensuring more space for big disc ?
So everyone running B6 S4 calipers are using the 320mm discs ?
Still my brakes are standard diameter at 288mm so 320 will be somewhat better.
Whilst I'm at it, I assume new flexi hoses are required, would the S4 ones fit ? Thanks :)

How long to get to this stage ! And anything to look out for. I am going to do both wings soon

The entire job with a brew is an hour bud.
Nothing to look out for really.

Jack the car up. There are about 6 screws in the archliner it's self.
Pull off the fog light cover and there is a bolt in there holding the bumper on. Undo that 6mm allen key.
Remove the arch liner. 2 screws hold a cover up against the gap to the front of the door. Remove that.
You'll then see 2 bolts holding the wing. Undo them.
Open the door. You'll see 1 at the top holding the wing on. Remove that. 1 at the bottom holding the sill trim. Lift up the plastic channel along the top of the sill trim and remove 4 bolts along.
Under the sill trim outside, you'll see bolts. Remove the length to the end of the door. You can then pull the sill trim away enough. Remove the 3 screws that hold on the plastic holder. Then there's 2 bolts holding on the wing.

To the front of the wing. There are 3 nuts holding the front bumper to the wing. Remove these.
Pull the lower plastics of the bumper away from the wing and the bumper will move forward. You'll then see a black bolt holding the wing on.

Then there are 4 bolts under the bonnet. Remove these and it'll lift off.

When you refit, loosely fit all bolts so you can shift it around. If it's like my wing. You'll need to tighten the top and bottom bolts nearest the door and pull the wing out by hand to meet the line perfectly.

Reactions: audilad9 and swarcup
Cheers bud, I suppose I should get them painted and then fit them do you think. Just looking did you put the front into service position

Cheers bud, I suppose I should get them painted and then fit them do you think. Just looking did you put the front into service position
I just bought mine pre painted. Seemed good enough.

Nah, not into service position. When you remove the three nuts holding the bumper to the wing and the 6mm allen key bolt in the fog light cover hole. The bumper will just pull forward enough.

I just bought mine pre painted. Seemed good enough.

Nah, not into service position. When you remove the three nuts holding the bumper to the wing and the 6mm allen key bolt in the fog light cover hole. The bumper will just pull forward enough.

Doing this shortly, do you have a link for the wings you used ?
Did the paint match good ?

Carbon wrapped my outside b pillars the other day, looks good. I'm doing the triangle bits on the rear doors today.
Pics later

Taking it for an mot this morning so fingers crossed it passes or it's summit little I cost to fix :/