What have you done to your A4 b6 today?

spent 2 hours trying to get my rear wash wipe motor working got it working for it to stop again so now on the look for another motor pt no: 8e9 955 711 dont suppose any one has removed theres for the smooth look and has one kicking about ??

Will check mine later dude, bu ti have removed it so no longer needed, never used it so sorry dont know if it works !!

Pictures! :yum:

Here jake.
The rear triangle but was awkward as I couldn't remove it and the rubber trim was in the way and was frightened I didn't cut it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398271321518703ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398271337177261ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398271349135180

Reactions: BRILLO, DieselJake and WOLF
Fitted S4 300mm rear brakes to match my fronts.

Didn't think adding the rears would make much difference - it stops on a penny now!

Reactions: Icarus83 and ruffrida
I've only got 256mm or 280mm up front never mind the rear with 300mm lol

Didn't think adding the rears would make much difference - it stops on a penny now!

Looks great - is that just calipers / carriers / disk and pad swap?

Chas

Looks great - is that just calipers / carriers / disk and pad swap?

Chas

Yep.
Only adjustment was with the brake dust guard behind - a simple hole needs to be drilled in the guard so that it mounts (the screw holes are in different positions on the S4).

Reactions: ruffrida
Yep.
Only adjustment was with the brake dust guard behind - a simple hole needs to be drilled in the guard so that it mounts (the screw holes are in different positions on the S4).

Great - thanks!

VERY NICE! what model S4 B7?

They came off a B6. I think B7 calipers will fit as-well.
The S4 brake setup is much, much better than the standard A4 312/255mm's - can recommend it highly - easy bolt on upgrade too.

Local garage removed the egr link pipe and fitted two blanking plates. Also re-sealed the egr - inlet manifold coz it was weeping, well I assume it was but it might be the vacuum thing on top. Anyway he cleaned the egr too and it does seem to pull better but that could just be the rose tinted specs!

Still waiting for the suspension but Damien at DPM is on the case! Hoping to get the aircon working tomorrow.

Fitted a nice touch screen dvd/cd player :) it sounds soooooooo much better.

Wasted half a day waiting for me hung over bruv,gave up with him and fitted me twin exit rear bumper with parking sensors,everything is awesome lol

Reactions: Welshquattro and TheDriver
Cleaned it after the school run

Reactions: Welshquattro, ruffrida and ei2gfb
Fitted S4 door mirrors today. Pain in the *** dismantling the door/ window/regulator etc just to unclip and clip in the new cable :banghead:

Thought about chopping/soldering cables but rather do it right.

Happy with bling result :icon_thumright:

On a sadder note the battery has finaly died :( Did alright at 10 years I suppose ;)

Away to price and find a new battery tomorrow, hopefully a Bosch as per original.

Reactions: Andy_w, deano1978 and Icarus83

Did you experience quite spongy brakes when you first fitted them (both front and rear)? Wahlstrom reported the same and had to bleed his several times.

Waiting to get mine back from the garage then will have a go at bleeding them again once they have had a chance to bed in!

You need to bleed these cars with a pressure bleed system such as the Gunsons Eezibleed, or VCDS in the correct order to do it properly. Using the old school method just mashes the seals in the master cylinder.

Reactions: ruffrida
(Now I've got the missus seal of approval!) Here's some photo's of my custom stainless steel exhaust being made specifically for the car and fitted last week. Pictures of the 11 year old original to start with:

001 Ignore the box at the very top right of the picture.
002What remains of the old flexi hose, it was like paper!
003It was blowing from the junction of this Y section.
004Looking up past the new front flexi towards the cat (still standard . . . for now)
022Looking towards the back, notice no middle box :)
024A closer view of the new Y section
011I've tried to keep the tail as standard as possible
012A close up of the new n/s pipe. The silencers are half the size and weight of the originals.

And yes, it sounds amazing! A low burble at idle developing into a full roar when your right foot gets heavy, and it's tuneful too.

I had it done at www.pipetech1.co.uk just outside Scarborough. Len is a top bloke who will do anything to help and ensure you're happy with the result. He does all his own pipe bending, welding and silencer construction on site and will design and build the system to match the car. He's reasonably priced too. My system was comparable to a similar Powerflow one and the same as a Magnex (excl. fitting) one but of course it included free fitting and the knowledge that I have a bespoke system.

He will happily make any exhaust for any vehicle, but while I was there he had a constant stream of happy VW, Skoda and Nissan owners popping in a for a chat and a cup of tea and just to watch him work. He'd recently done a full exhaust on an S4 and so is pretty familiar with B6's.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy_w
New gear stick knob fitted today (old one was worn and had sharp edges). And this one lights up when I turn the lights on!

View attachment 32557

Very nice this, my knob is going the same way:shutup2: ooer
So might just do it myself.

Lol! Yes, I was desperately trying to avoid the innuendo too - don't know why really. Just managed to get a nearly non-blurred photo of it in the dark:

Reactions: Andy_w and A4sportMrT
Fitted a nice new Bosch S5 battery after original Moll died at ten years old.
Had thought performance was down recently, cured now.

Eurocarparts "click and collect" via ebay produced a very good deal.

Cleaned out scuttle area and grommets thoroughly whilst in there too.

Currrently painting up my S4 calipers for fitting at weekend.

Tinted the front foglights with fly eyes too :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399151118140944ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399151124796071ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399151132451149ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399151136954754

Made the bro in law clean my car using angel wax and auto bright stuff clean pics tomora :)

I took inspiration from barkclark and carbon wrapped my grille surrounds last night. A big improvement,
Just got to do the rings in matt black now.Image

Reactions: barkclark
Thank you sir, have you done your Audi rings matt black?
Oh and do you have a link to your bulb supplier?
I really fancy ice white bulbs.

Not yet mate. Been toying with the idea. I like black rings but I also like how the chrome rings match the chrome-y lights as I haven't painted the inners black.

T8ups forum member on here supplied the bulbs mate. Although I've had them two months and one dipped beam has blown. Either that or the connection has came loose!