2nd cambelt change?

I would say now as hitting the 40k mark.

When I worked at VW HQ they all advised me 40k or 4 years.........which ever comes soonest, as this has now replaced the old text due to water pump failures and a few issues with belts mainly (covering their backs)

Just turning 60k on mine now, but the 4 year change interval is coming up sooner for me, so September time is will be the full monty for me.

All the garages have their own opinion weirdly, but I have stuck with what i was told by the HQ engineers.

Last edited:
I would say now as hitting the 40k mark.

When I worked at VW HQ they all advised me 40k or 4 years.........which ever comes soonest, as this has now replaced the old text due to water pump failures and a few issues with belts mainly (covering their backs)

Just turning 60k on mine now, but the 4 year change interval is coming up sooner for me, so September time is will be the full monty for me.

All the garages have their own opinion weirdly, but I have stuck with what i was told by the HQ engineers.

Mike, surely you should have done yours 20k ago by your reckoning? 40k came before your 4 years ??????????

No, mine was last done at 45k in 2010...........just turned 60K and is 2014 so the 4 year mark is up not the miles.

One lady owner from new when I got it :)